January 2011 Moms

Breastfeeding

My H and I live in a one bedroom appartment. Do we still need to get a bassinet if I'm going to breastfeed? We're going to have the crib in the dinning room, which is less than 10 steps from the bed.

Re: Breastfeeding

• I say get a pack n play with the bassinet attachment. You'll probably need a PNP eventually anyway. Otherwise, if you don't mind getting out of bed I'd say stick with the crib if its that close.
  • It's really a personal choice, if you don't mind getting up and walking to the crib every 1-2 hrs at night just stick with the crib. The first few weeks are absolutely exhausting and it feels like you never stop breastfeeding. I had a PNP with a bassinet for #1, this time I am getting an arms reach co sleepers so I don't even have to get out of bed.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't.  I get up to sit in a chair to breastfeed anyway.  I don't like co sleepers or feeding in bed.  Our first born got used to that and we had the hardest time getting him out of our bed.  With the second born, I had a nursery right across the hall from our room, so she started from the time we got home in the crip.  probably will do the same again.
  • I was going to just start the baby sleeping out in her crib, but after seeing the hard time my sister had BFing her twins, I'm definitely borrowing her bassinet! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"