2nd Trimester

she let her baby chew on WHAT??

My cousin left a box of matches on the floor and her baby chewed on them!

now shes all upset that the baby has blisters in her mouth and she has to deal with excessive crying!

Matches? really?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: she let her baby chew on WHAT??

• wow....did she call the dr. or poison control? 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • How do you leave matches on the floor?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKatieM1106:
    How do you leave matches on the floor?

EXACTLY what I was wondering. 

• Is your cousin on the not-so-smart side? Like, closer to a rock than Einstein? Geez, matches!! That poor baby!
  • Poor little baby!  Hopefully your cousin won't continue to leave hazardous stuff in baby's reach!
  • We just got back from Disneyland there was a couple there with their young baby 6 months or so at most and they were letting them chew on a button like a big metal/plastic button with a pin on the back.  I was cringing the entire time but matches I think defintely tops it.
  • You may want to suggest to your cousin that she take her baby to the doctor. I'm guessing those blisters the baby has now are chemical burns from the many many chemicals, glue and binders in the match heads.
    Kate & Eric Married 10.10.09

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What!!?!?!??!?!? i hope she takes the baby to the doctor, those blisters don't sound good.
    �{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt15f3a6.aspx[/img][/url]}
  • Im sorry but WHAT?! did you say matches? I freak when my LO chews on her stuffed animals. Poor little babe. Hope she gets better soon.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageekmebm:
    You may want to suggest to your cousin that she take her baby to the doctor. I'm guessing those blisters the baby has now are chemical burns from the many many chemicals, glue and binders in the match heads.

match heads are a mix of phosphorus and potassium chlorate in them, it should get checked out by a doctor.

• That does seem pretty bad, but babies are so fast!  I have turned around for 30 seconds only to find that the dog pooped on the floor and DS is eating it...

ugh.  But I do keep anything really dangerous put away, and matches def qualifies as dangerous!

• unbelievable...
  • imageSoap1:

That does seem pretty bad, but babies are so fast!  I have turned around for 30 seconds only to find that the dog pooped on the floor and DS is eating it...

ugh.  But I do keep anything really dangerous put away, and matches def qualifies as dangerous!

• imageGermangirl86:
    imageSoap1:

That does seem pretty bad, but babies are so fast!  I have turned around for 30 seconds only to find that the dog pooped on the floor and DS is eating it...

Opps posted without my comment.

The dog poo part made me laugh, your poor son, but it happens. But matches, not cool at all!

• I, as a child, chewed on matches (and lots of other things) and turned out just fine and never got sick or anything! There are lots of worse things the baby could be chewing on-- give this mom a break!!

• imageAutumnhughes:

I, as a child, chewed on matches (and lots of other things) and turned out just fine and never got sick or anything! There are lots of worse things the baby could be chewing on-- give this mom a break!!

Well matches are certainly not good chew toys, but I agree that the mom shouldn't be harped on too badly.  It's SO hard to be 100% babyproof and it is IMPOSSIBLE to watch your baby 24/7!

• I have to say those are things you keep up but no one is a perfect parent and those of you who have children under 18 months you have no idea what your child is capable of :) my almost two year old got ahold of a decorative kerosene lamp (I don't even remember where it came from) and I had to spend the next 5 hours in the er and called his doc so much over the next few days his stomach was really upset. Remember parenting is learning something new every day.
  • I can see that happening to many people and have heard of much worse. No matter how paranoid and safe you think you are kids have ways of finding things to get into. It is not always the mom who leaves stuff like this around... friends, other kids, husbands, etc. I'm not defending totally careless parenting but so many things you never think could happen to you can.
  • A few years ago I went to pick up the 1 1/2 year old I babysat at the time.  When I got to the mother's apartment there was the poor little girl sitting on the couch crewing on her mom's cigarettes!  I made her take the baby to urgent care.  Thank goodness the LO was fine.  But the mom was just going to go to work and let it be!  I couldn't believe!
  • Sounds like someone needs to baby proof their house!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"