Babies: 3 - 6 Months

How long does your LO cry before they go down for naps?

Gosh she is a FIGHTER when it comes to nap time. She is soooo stubborn, for sure! She cries anywhere from 5-20 mins before each naptime. I just hate it.  :(  Is it a phase I hope? It's almost like she needs to cry to get rid of some extra energy before she sleeps or something...

How long does your LO cry before going down for a nap?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long does your LO cry before they go down for naps?

• Colin is about the same as your lo.  It is rare that he goes down withouy crying. I do rock to sleep still

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • not at all

but we wait until she goes to sleep. We often use the swing.

sorry you are going through that :(

• Loading the player...
  • DD is the same as yours. Anywhere from 0-20 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Mine used to fight like crazy, and occasionally still does. But a miracle apparently happened - I can lay him down awake (but tired from nursing or patting, in a dark room, in a sleep sack). He protests loudly for about 10 seconds, but by the time I leave his room he is just talking and within minutes he's asleep.  Hopefully this happens to your baby soon too!
  • imageIrishBrideND:

not at all

but we wait until she goes to sleep. We often use the swing.

sorry you are going through that :(

Same here.  My Lo is still much younger than yours though.  We are going to have to start using the crib and not the swing for naps...I am not looking forward to it.

• About 5 - 10 mins. I typically go in once if needed after the first 5 mins. Sometimes she goes right out. I think its just the perfect timing that helps...but heck if I can do that every day! GL!
  • Does she do the same at night?  If not maybe try to mimic those conditions. (routine, room darkening shades ect). If DD fusses more than 5 minutes I usually give up and try again later, or plop her in ths swing.

How are you all holding up???

• imagedanto:

Does she do the same at night?  If not maybe try to mimic those conditions. (routine, room darkening shades ect). If DD fusses more than 5 minutes I usually give up and try again later, or plop her in ths swing.

How are you all holding up???

We're hanging in there. I think it helps that so much family is together here right now. Good memories and looking through pics, etc. I think we're all just dreading the visitation and funeral though. It's going to be hard. I know no one likes those though. thanks for asking.

• Maybe two minutes - but we wait until she's sleepy, and don't let her get overtired either. We're not really strict on nap time as far as "oh it's noon, time for nap." If she's not tired, she doesn't nap. (But, in doing that, she's pretty much regulated herself, and she goes down within an hour of the same time every day.)
    Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO doesn't cry at all going down at night (and goes down awake and puts herself to sleep) but naps?  Not so much.  they are very irregular (can't figure out her 'schedule') though I do try to put her down when she shows signs of wanting to sleep but she either sleeps for 20 mins or wails.
  • He doesn't at all.

I usually nurse or rock him until he is very very tired though. He goes down without a problem.

image Preston 10/13/06 - Harrison 04/14/10
  • i totally understand. in fact i just went through crying for 20min before she went down. she used to fall right asleep in her swing and sleep for a while. now when she starts to get fussy ill put her in her swing and she just cries. so i let her go for 3min, i sit on the chair next to the swing - if she starts crying hard i take her out, or if she cries longer than 3 min i take her out. i think she is spoiled - i know they said you cant spoil one this young but i do think she is. since we have been living with my family someone was always holding her and getting her to sleep. now when im alone and have to do stuff ill try to see if she will go down in her swing but she wont. i listerally have to walk around with her for a good 15-20 min before she falls alseep. then she only sleeps like 20 min! its hell, but im glad we are still with my family to help. i dont have a clue what ill do when the house is done and im alone when DH works! ahhhh

sorry youre going through it too. it does suck and i hope it gets better for you.

oh maybe get a carrier? the one day i had so much i had to get done and she wouldnt nap. so i put her in the carrier and she fell asleep within 5minutes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"