Babies: 3 - 6 Months

So, Extreme Makeover...

is building a home in town. It's right by the university. It'll be neat to see it when it's done. They have so many "general" volunteers they're turning people away cause they don't have enough stuff for them to do. Way to go my town!
Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: So, Extreme Makeover...

• That's awesome!
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nice! They did a house close to me a few weeks ago. It's going to be a 2 hour episode and it's the largest building they've done so far. I can't wait until the season starts!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That show never fails to make me cry.  They have done 2 houses locally, and one, if not both, have been lost to the bank. Indifferent
  • imagegrapeape73:
    That show never fails to make me cry.  They have done 2 houses locally, and one, if not both, have been lost to the bank. Indifferent

I thought they maded it sound like there weren't any mortgages?

• imagetiffer2shoes:

imagegrapeape73:
    That show never fails to make me cry.  They have done 2 houses locally, and one, if not both, have been lost to the bank. Indifferent

I thought they maded it sound like there weren't any mortgages?

I know in one case they took out another mortgage that they couldn't possibly afford, and then were surprised when they lost the house.  They even did fund raisers and had people giving donations. 

• That stinks!

I work with a girl who worked on one of the other Idaho homes that they did, and after the show the family told everyone they hated the house. They couldn't stand the layout, etc. Maybe it's just me - but good lovin' it's free!

From the sounds of it - the property taxes on the house are going to be nuts, but the builder has already said they'll pay the taxes for the next twenty years for them. Hopefully they don't lose the house. That's such a bummer that that happened to those other families. 

Kinley Joy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageteelaman:

That stinks!

I work with a girl who worked on one of the other Idaho homes that they did, and after the show the family told everyone they hated the house. They couldn't stand the layout, etc. Maybe it's just me - but good lovin' it's free!

From the sounds of it - the property taxes on the house are going to be nuts, but the builder has already said they'll pay the taxes for the next twenty years for them. Hopefully they don't lose the house. That's such a bummer that that happened to those other families. 

The problem from this show (and things like habitat) is then the people have to pay taxes on gifts (like the donated property taxes and such) and many of the people don't plan for that....and then they get into trouble. Its sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"