1st Trimester

I swear I am feeling movement!!!

It's very inconsistent, but in the last week I have felt about 5 little "thumps" right where baby would be.  This is my 2nd child, and I know they have said u will feel movement earlier, but could I be feeling it this early??

Re: I swear I am feeling movement!!!

• Probably just gas. :( Your little belly bean is only an inch or so long, and won't start moving with enough umph for a few more weeks. :) With my second it was around 14 weeks when I started feeling movement, and my doctor thought that was way early and put it off to gas.. lol.
  • Gas. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's way too early, I don't care how many pregnancies you've had before. The baby is too small for you to be feeling anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageambrandau2:
    Gas. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's way too early, I don't care how many pregnancies you've had before. The baby is too small for you to be feeling anything.

This.  Sorry, it's too early to be feeling anything yet!

• I thought gas as well but it just feels way different.
  • imageEmberTopaz:
    I thought gas as well but it just feels way different.

It's probably really bad gas then. But, it's not the baby. The baby weighs .07 oz.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sometimes feel what you feel too. Unfortunately, I felt the same feeling prior to finding out that I am pregnant. I think I have to agree with the others. It's probably just gas bubbles. Sorry :(
    ~Jessica~ "Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away" ~Uknown "You don't marry the person you can live with...you marry the person you can't live without." ~Uknown
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    An angel opened the book of life and wrote down my baby's birth, Then she whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth." ~Unknown We lost our "Squishy" to a m/c on 10/06/2010. He/she went to heaven with my Dad and our Heavenly Father.
  • imagejnmheim:
    I sometimes feel what you feel too. Unfortunately, I felt the same feeling prior to finding out that I am pregnant. I think I have to agree with the others. It's probably just gas bubbles. Sorry :(

I feel flutters now and then too, but I also felt these same flutters the day I got my BFP like PP. So it must be gas bubbles or weird cramping. I think it's a little too early to feel the baby move.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I felt phantom kicks all the time before I even got pregnant for again. They felt just like little baby movements. If not gas then that's probably what you are experiencing they are quite common and you hear of a lot of women talking about them.
  • I get those all the time, especially before I was pregnant.  It was just gas or muscle twitches.  To me, muscle twitches are almost identical to those early kicks. 
  • If you're thin you can sometimes feel early movement, I know what you mean and it really doesn't feel like gas. I felt it move about a week ago and my mom felt movement really early also!
  • imageambrandau2:
    Gas. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's way too early, I don't care how many pregnancies you've had before. The baby is too small for you to be feeling anything.

Lets look at this from a psychological aspect shall we?

If the woman feels movement, I'm sure she already ruled out other possibilities that it may be. Unless you're in the pilot seat in her head- you cant be sure if she did or didn't feel it. 

So, to say such a statment and say you're not trying to be a jerk, it still sounds like you're being a jerk because you are totally invalidating someones statment. Its hurtful to read replies that have no tact what-so-ever.

Don't you think its better for a mommy to be happy if she felt movement (Even if it may have been something else)... it increases happiness for her and it increases happiness for DH. In return that makes the morale go up and the baby can benefit from that much more than her being sad that someone is trying to invalidate a feeling she feels she had. 

We should be supportive on this site, not trying to defame every single woman on the site. Be KIND to others... If you thought it was gas? Keep your mouth shut and go on to the next post, but don't tear her down in her moment of happiness.  

The mind does so many powerful things, and that movement whether it was gas or a movement, sends out endorphins, endorphins make you happy, the baby can get these endorphins too because they're linked up for a while... Are you trying to steal that childs sunshine? You wouldn't take a lollipop from a random kid... 

Pregnancy movements can be noticed very early on in pregnancies if they've had more than one baby. Its a fact. I'm sure she felt movement before and I'm sure she knows what movement feels like for her.

This community needs to be a little more sisterly and supportive. Because from what I've read and I've experienced... Its not.  

• imageBeccaboo0713:
    I felt phantom kicks all the time before I even got pregnant for again. They felt just like little baby movements. If not gas then that's probably what you are experiencing they are quite common and you hear of a lot of women talking about them.

OMG, seriously?  I feel that all the time, like a foot kicking my rib cage again!  Thank you for posting this, makes me feel a little less crazy.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I thought I was feeling them too. Every once in a while I'll get a little pop or what feels like a small muscle spasm. I do have a pretty small frame, but guess I'll have to wait to feel the real thing ;-)

Mine definitely doesn't feel like gas, though. Definitely more like a muscle twitch.

• imagelaurney:

imageambrandau2:

If the woman feels movement, I'm sure she already ruled out other possibilities that it may be. Unless you're in the pilot seat in her head- you cant be sure if she did or didn't feel it. 

So, to say such a statment and say you're not trying to be a jerk, it still sounds like you're being a jerk because you are totally invalidating someones statment. Its hurtful to read replies that have no tact what-so-ever.

Don't you think its better for a mommy to be happy if she felt movement (Even if it may have been something else)... it increases happiness for her and it increases happiness for DH. In return that makes the morale go up and the baby can benefit from that much more than her being sad that someone is trying to invalidate a feeling she feels she had. 

We should be supportive on this site, not trying to defame every single woman on the site. Be KIND to others... If you thought it was gas? Keep your mouth shut and go on to the next post, but don't tear her down in her moment of happiness.  

The mind does so many powerful things, and that movement whether it was gas or a movement, sends out endorphins, endorphins make you happy, the baby can get these endorphins too because they're linked up for a while... Are you trying to steal that childs sunshine? You wouldn't take a lollipop from a random kid... 

Pregnancy movements can be noticed very early on in pregnancies if they've had more than one baby. Its a fact. I'm sure she felt movement before and I'm sure she knows what movement feels like for her.

This community needs to be a little more sisterly and supportive. Because from what I've read and I've experienced... Its not.  

Keep your sisterhood. I want the truth. To Everyone: If I ask a question please tell me the truth. And I like snarky responses, so be sure to try be witty. I don't want puppies & rainbows I want honesty and entertainment.

OP: Since you asked our opinion, I think it is too early to feel anything. 

• imagelaurney:

imageambrandau2:

I hope this post was a joke!
  • imageJen1231:
    imagelaurney:

imageambrandau2:

I hope this post was a joke!

Yea, I just realized it was from the Laureny character. Wonderful. 

• imagelaurney:

imageambrandau2:

Oh seriously, STFU.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"