1st Trimester

stretch mark cream?

I went out and got some stretch mark cream to start early just in case, but i bought Palmers cocoa butter formula and it is soooo greasy! i figured it would dry after a lil while but it never did! and so through out the middle of the night, thanks to all this sweating i do now, i wake up feeling so dirty! is there anything out there that is not greasy????
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: stretch mark cream?

• I started using bio-oil on my incisions from the Lap, and when I got my BFP began using it all over my belly, boobs, and thighs.

It had a pleasent smell and soaks in pretty quickly.

June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• my mom actually swore by oil of olay( 2 kids not a stretch mark). I got the tummy butter by palmers and it doesnt soak in.  Im gonna try the oil of olay or Bio oil i keep hearing so much about.
  • Loading the player...
  • If your stomach gets itchy and dry just use regular lotion, find a favorite.  You cannot prevent stretchmarks, they are genetic.  The expensive stretchmark creams only help with the itching, as much as any lotion.  Sorry to burst that bubble.

Edited for a typo.

• imagekarrizma:
    If your stomach gets itchy and dry just use regular lotion, find a favorite.  You cannot prevent stretchmarks, they are genetic.  The expensive stretchmark creams only help with the itchy, as much as any lotion.  Sorry to burst that bubble.

Unfortunately this is true!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    diagnosed with heterozygous Factor V Leiden 2008; m/c 11/09 @ 5 1/2 wks; m/c 5/10 @ 4 1/2 wks; RLP testing done, diagnosed with antiphospholipid syn. and low progesterone; 7/10 started on Heparin injections & progesterone supps @ 3 dpo, BFP 8/9/10!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just started using bio oil and Palmer's cream. They aren't too greasy for me but I don't like their smells at all. I first rub the bio oil all over tummy, boobs, thighs, and butt and then rub the cream after. Don't know if this will help with anything, but I think it's worth a shot.
  • imagekarrizma:

If your stomach gets itchy and dry just use regular lotion, find a favorite.  You cannot prevent stretchmarks, they are genetic.  The expensive stretchmark creams only help with the itching, as much as any lotion.  Sorry to burst that bubble.

Edited for a typo.

This, don't waste your $$ just use lotion to help with the dry skin.
  • I'm using the exact same thing... well, maybe. It's not made specifically for stretch marks, but it comes in a small tub, it's sort of hard, and it is very greasy.(https://www.walmart.com/ip/Palmer-s-Cocoa-Butter-Cream-7.25-oz/10311246)

However, my friend used it during her pregnancy and she didn't get one stretch mark. She said she was obsessed and put it on twice a day. She's a petite girl and she gained 50 lbs. That stomach did some major stretching and still, not one mark.

Now, all the books I've read say that stretch marks can be hereditary. But using the cocoa butter can't hurt! I personally like that it's a little greasy. The next morning, my stomach feels so soft and moist! I love the smell, too!

• I dislike the "its genetics don't waste your time" comments.  She wants to try and spend time putting lotion on her belly as do I , so that response is not helpful!  Especially if it is your first child!

My mom doesn't have stretch marks, but I already have a few from puberty.  So is it genetic? Will my face age old with wrinkles when not using face cream? Is it genetic?  

We go through so many changes as women, as pregnant women.   So whether or not if the lotions work it gives us hope, at least this first go round. 

• imagedaniella2727:

I dislike the "its genetics don't waste your time" comments.  She wants to try and spend time putting lotion on her belly as do I , so that response is not helpful!  Especially if it is your first child!

My mom doesn't have stretch marks, but I already have a few from puberty.  So is it genetic? Will my face age old with wrinkles when not using face cream? Is it genetic?  

We go through so many changes as women, as pregnant women.   So whether or not if the lotions work it gives us hope, at least this first go round. 

This is my first child.  I believe in science and research, not ad campaigns, sorry.  I never said don't bother, I said the expensive stretch mark stuff only helped with itchy dry skin, as much as any normal lotion.  Personally, I like Aveeno lotions, or Lubriderm, but since I drink plenty of water I don't really get dry, itchy skin so I don't use lotion often.

I also have stretchmarks on the insides of my thighs from massive growth spurts.  My mom has stretchmarks on other parts of her body that weren't from pregnancy.  She had 3 pregnancies and 3 large babies without getting a single stretchmark on her stomach.  There is a chance than that I won't get them and if I don't, I will attribute it to genetics, not some pricey lotion.

That is aging although I'm sure to a certain extent how you age is genetic.  The women in my family (pale and pro sunblock) age very well.  If you stay out of the sun, use sunblock, don't smoke, don't pickle yourself with alcohol, drink water, etc, you will you most likely won't get wrinkles as bad nor as early.  If you tan and smoke you might look like you're 60 when you're 40.

• imagedaniella2727:

I dislike the "its genetics don't waste your time" comments.  To each her own. She wants to try and spend time putting lotion on her belly as do I , so that response is not helpful!  Lotion away, just know that it's probably not doing anything for your stretch marks. Especially if it is your first child! First, second, eighth, what have you.

My mom doesn't have stretch marks, but I already have a few from puberty.  So is it genetic? You get genes from more than just your mom, ya know. Will my face age old with wrinkles when not using face cream? Is it genetic?  Yes, if you're out in the sun a lot. Yes, it's genetic- has to do with melatonin.

We go through so many changes as women, as pregnant women.  True story. So whether or not if the lotions work it gives us hope, at least this first go round.  Sure, but who wants the truth to be veiled in puppies and rainbows and other such niceties?! I, for one, prefer straight facts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"