1st Trimester

What are you doing to stay fit during your pregnancy?

I gained 60+ pounds with my last pregnancy and I don't want to go down that road again. 

I joined baby fit to keep track of my eating.  I am also going to try to continue running for as long as I can. 

I would love to hear what works for others in terms of trying to stay in shape!  I had a horrible time getting back to my pre pregnancy weight last time and don't want to repeat that struggle.

TIA for any advice!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are you doing to stay fit during your pregnancy?

• With my first I gained 30lbs. I didn't eat that great but I exercised 5 days a week. I did about 45 minutes on the elliptical. 

With this one I want to try and exercise a little more. Right now I'm only doing 3-4 days of mid intensity circuit training. Prepregnancy I was doing 5-6 days of high intensity circuit training. I definitely had to take it down a notch b/c I've been tired and nausous. I'm hoping when I hit the 2nd tri I'll be able to do more.

You really just need to exercise even if it's just walking and try and eat as healthy as you can. My downfall is the food. It's a struggle.  

Good Luck!

• I do what I did before...30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes (or less) of weights.  No more ab stuff per Dr.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • So far I'm only allowed to walk and swim.  We don't have easy access to a pool, so I just walk when I can.

I feel like I've already lost a TON of muscle tone.

• I track everything I eat on livestrong.com so I make sure I am eating the right stuff (although I do give in to cravings occasionally) and I workout 4-5 days a week.  Right now I'm running 12-15 miles/week and will keep that up as long as possible. I'll switch to the elliptical when running becomes too uncomfortable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am trying to walk or jog for 20 minutes every morning and then do one more thing in the evening.... lift light weights, do squats, ride a bike, or walk again. I try to get about 40-60 minutes of exercise a day.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WOW. This thread makes me feel like a lazy as*! I've only been to the gym a couple of times since finding out! When I went, I did 20 minutes on the treadmill at a fast-walking pace and an incline. Then I did 20 minutes on the elliptical. My husband is at the gym just about every day and is VERY fit. He really wants me to get back into the habit of going. So do I, but I've been very un-motived to do anything but sit on the couch!

Running has never been easy for me. I get VERY winded and red in the face every time I did it. I didn't want to over-exert myself, so I think I'll just stick to the fast walk. I'm afraid to do any type of weights.

A friend of mine gained 50 with her pregnancy and I told myself I wasn't going to gain nearly that amount! So far I haven't gained any weight, but I'm not even 10 weeks yet, sooooo we'll see.

If anything, this thread has inspired me to get off my as*!

• Like other PP, I do A LOT of walking....whether over the lunch hour or after work, on weekends I get out twice a day.  I added dumbbells some days just for extra challenge.

I do not go to a gym - so walking is the easiest option.  I gave up running since my endurance went down the pooper.  I envy those who are still able to do it (I find myself out of breath already - and frankly after last year's racing schedule, I burned out).  

I also do yoga ("Yoga Mama" dvd) now and again. 

I am tracking my calories on www.babyfit.sparkpeople.com.  I started tracking before we TTC - on sparkpeople.com - and found they have a page just for Moms.    It helps me focus on eating healthy and in moderation (versus when I was training for Ironman, I ate so much more - this makes me more aware).

I hope you can find something you enjoy - that makes all the difference!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesbmp10:

I gained 60+ pounds with my last pregnancy and I don't want to go down that road again. 

I joined baby fit to keep track of my eating.  I am also going to try to continue running for as long as I can. 

I would love to hear what works for others in terms of trying to stay in shape!  I had a horrible time getting back to my pre pregnancy weight last time and don't want to repeat that struggle.

TIA for any advice!

Same here. I only gained 30 with DD, but I was only 21.  Lol.. I was 30 when pg with DS and gained close to 60.  :(  I also am looking NOT to gain that much this time around. My cousin continued to do Zumba once a week up to a month before birth this summer. I may try to go with her when she starts up again.. She only gained 25 and is down almost all of it.  :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I take a spinning class 3-4 times a week and I also do a body pump class 1-2 days (low weight, high rep).  I'm slowly starting to feel better so I'm definitely trying to do more.
    TTC #1 since October 2008 March 2010--initial b/w and SA - normal What's next May 2010 - HSG, SHG June 2010 - IUI #1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I run 20-25 miles a week and I do prenatal yoga.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ride my bike for 30-45 minutes at least 3-4 times a week, and do yoga.

Most days I feel too tired to do anything, but once I start I have more energy and I'm really glad I did it. In December/January/February when I'm bigger and it will be too cold to be outside, I'm going to sign up for a YMCA membership and swim.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I "try" to run 4 miles 3 times per week.  I did get today's run in :)  I also like to do weights 1-2 times per week.  However, I'm just taking things day by day depending on my work load and how I'm feeling.  I'm also not opposed to changing my routine up based on what works for my body as I get bigger. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • So far, I am doing elliptical, light weights and lower body work alternating most days of the week. I need to find a prenatal yoga video, I'll look into Yoga Mama. I am nervous about doing hardcore ab work because I've heard conflicting reports, most say continue your routine as before but fitpregnancy.com warns against ab work on your back.
  • I walk for 30 minutes 3-4 times a week (when it's not 90 outside).  My neighborhood is very hilly, and I'm pushing a 25 pound child in my stroller.  I feel like it's a good workout.  I also do 10-20 minutes of prenatal pilates 4-5 times a week. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"