Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

BF mamas- what have you eliminated from your diet and why?

I feel like DS might be affected by some of the things I eat and I'm considering cutting out some foods/spices in my diet. A lot of the time when he is nursing he stops and screams for a bit and goes right back to it. I think he gets little pains and I think it could be what I'm eating.

What have you eliminated from yours and why?

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: BF mamas- what have you eliminated from your diet and why?

• Options
    Nothing at all. In his colicky stage which just ended a few weeks ago I was tempted but I noticed that no matter what I ate he was colicky....so I figured it was more about the theory of the 4th trimester where the first  three months of life he is still developing...his digestive system is immature and doesnt handle a lot of foods well....but that weighing the risk and benefit and knowing he would cry anyway, I wanted to expose him to the flavors in my preferred diet through my breastmilk so when I did start on solid foods, he would be used to them.
  • Options
    Early on DS seemed to be extra gassy when I ate raw onions, but now it doesn't bother him.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only thing I'm paying attention too is caffeine. I try not to drink caffeinated drinks during or after dinner. I don't know if it would affect her sleeping or not, I don't drink sodas much anyway so it wasn't a big deal.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Have you looked into the possibility that your LO has acid reflux?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Spicy foods make him spit up every time.... never fails! I cut them out once I realized what was causing it.
    "Everything is possible for him who believes.?
  • Options
    when he pulls off and screams do you burp him?  I know when my DD does that she has a big burp to get out or a poop.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I never drank caffeine, soda or eat much processed foods anyway so I haven't given them up, but they are not a part of my diet.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    Dairy due to extreme gas and it really helped after a couple days. Soy after seeing watery stools and that worked well. I have also continued to stay off caff.

Topher's 1 Year Old Chocolate Coma

• Options

imageAliciaCM:
    The only thing I'm paying attention too is caffeine. I try not to drink caffeinated drinks during or after dinner. I don't know if it would affect her sleeping or not, I don't drink sodas much anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

This.

I love caffeine but my rule is no caffeine after 7pm!! I have noticed that if I drink it at night she stays up a lot more during the night and then crashes at like 5am and sleeps for like 5 hours straight!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Upon the suggestion of the pediatrician, i have cut out dairy and gas causing foods like onions, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.  seemed to help and i am losing weight...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"