Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how long do you try?

to burp LO? My LO doesnt burp all the time and sometimes it can take up to 15 mins for him to burp. Just wondering how long you ladies sit there and pat your LO on the back to try and burp them? TIA!
When I see your face There's not a thing that I would change Cause you're amazing Just the way you are And when you smile, The whole world stops and stares for awhile Photobucket baby wearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, Stay at home mom since 7-16-2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Family Blog

Re: how long do you try?

• I usually go a good 10- 15 mins, but like your LO, DS doesn't burp very well most of the time. If he doesn't, I just make sure to keep him upright for about 30 minutes after eating.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekgreek:
    I usually go a good 10- 15 mins, but like your LO, DS doesn't burp very well most of the time. If he doesn't, I just make sure to keep him upright for about 30 minutes after eating.

This for us too.  If she is in the middle of the bottle sometimes I can give her a little more then try again and she will burp.  I also try to change positions - sitting up, over my legs, on my shoulder and sometimes that works too. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I only try a couple minutes.  It seems like if he's going to burp he does it relatively quickly.  He just gets pissed off if I keep trying.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• imagekgreek:
    I usually go a good 10- 15 mins, but like your LO, DS doesn't burp very well most of the time. If he doesn't, I just make sure to keep him upright for about 30 minutes after eating.

This, especially since my little man spits up a ton.  So it's always easier on him to keep trying and then keep him upright.

imageimage
  • I am so bad at burping. i almost never do it. Since I often do it when I am trying to get LO to sleep once he falls asleep at the breast I am not going to wake him by banging on his back.  Since I EBF He rarely needs a burp anyway...but I am so bad about it...

• imageDreamsicle23:
    I only try a couple minutes.  It seems like if he's going to burp he does it relatively quickly.  He just gets pissed off if I keep trying.

This exactly

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageluckygirl13:

imagekgreek:

This for us too.  If she is in the middle of the bottle sometimes I can give her a little more then try again and she will burp.  I also try to change positions - sitting up, over my legs, on my shoulder and sometimes that works too. 

this

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"