3rd Trimester
Options

Men should not talk about birthin babies.

DH works with a guy whos wife had a c-section. Now he's saying "Co-worker says c-sections are better" I tried to explain why a vaginal birth is better for the baby and mom. "well co-worker says all women lose their sex drive when they dont have a c-section" WHAT?! Are you serious?

I told him it was on an individual basis, but that we arent going to be able to have sex for a few weeks after the baby is born, and if I had a c-section, it would be the same case, except for I wouldnt be able to pick up anything.

Re: Men should not talk about birthin babies.

• Options
    Nice priorities DH... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    haha. I made DH get a pregnancy book for dad's so as to avoid this problem. The guys in his unit LOVE to pick on each other/scare each other and so I knew better than to just let him hear all the tales and not try to help him understand the whole process. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

has nothing to do with a vaginal or section-

your sex drive is killed by extreme exhaustion and/or breast feeding.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageStacyc625:

Yep.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You can tell your DH that I didn't have a c-section and I was counting the HOURS until 6 weeks were up!  I did not lose my sex drive, if anything it increased after DD was born.  I didn't see a decrease until I got pg with #2 and was just so darn tired all the time.  ;)
  • Options
    imageBritty685:

DH works with a guy whos wife had a c-section. Now he's saying "Co-worker says c-sections are better" I tried to explain why a vaginal birth is better for the baby and mom. "well co-worker says all women lose their sex drive when they dont have a c-section" WHAT?! Are you serious?

and he knows this how? how many wives does this guy have for comparison?

• Options
    imagebstrangely:
    imageBritty685:

and he knows this how? how many wives does this guy have for comparison?

My question exactly! Tell him if he reads that in a pregnancy book, then he can talk to you. Although I know how hard that can be to get them to do (my DH hasn't read a single book!). I would say he was just concerned for your well-being, except for the whole sex comment... Gosh.

• Options
    I forward all my fit pregnancy emails to DH so he can learn more about birthing and fortunately he uses his brain cells a bit too, so he is well aware of C-section vs vaginal birth issues. He even supports me in my not wanting an epidural right away. If there wind up being any other questions or something interesting comes up, I refer him here.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options

Ugh!!! Is that ALL guys think about... I would just say whatever! Your the one that has to go through it so you should be able to make that decision without all the pros and cons.

Besides, everyone is different.

Hope it gets better!

• Options
    imageDobie_Mama:
    imageStacyc625:

Yep.

This, exactly. 

• Options
    I've actually heard that women who have had c-sections tend to lose their sex drive due to the pain and appearance of the scar, and it can actually affect them mentally for a while because some women get upset later on that it wasn't a "real" delivery.  (Which isn't true, if you need a c-section, you need one.  You're still as strong and motherly as anyone who vaginally delivered!)  I guess what I'm getting at is he should really know all of the facts about what can happen either way.  There's no simple, easier, way to go.  As long as you and the baby are safe and healthy, that's the right delivery for you! 
  • Options

let your DH know that the idea is BS. being exhausted is what kills the sex drive. sure, for a few weeks, its a no go, but that's no matter what.

One of my friend's wife had her 3rd baby (his first) all natural. No drugs, no episiodomy. She didn't tear a bit. They were back to having sex as soon as the doc had her IUD in (less than a month), because SHE was ready.

It all depends on the woman, and how her body heals.

• Options
    "I've actually heard that women who have had c-sections tend to lose their sex drive due to the pain and appearance of the scar, and it can actually affect them mentally for a while because some women get upset later on that it wasn't a "real" delivery.  (Which isn't true, if you need a c-section, you need one.  You're still as strong and motherly as anyone who vaginally delivered!)  I guess what I'm getting at is he should really know all of the facts about what can happen either way.  There's no simple, easier, way to go.  As long as you and the baby are safe and healthy, that's the right delivery for you! " - I do not agree with this at all, it's a total speculation

Okay I had two abdominal surgeries and a c-section and this time it's a scheduled c-section. My sex drive is just fine and although I don't like my scares it's a part of who I am and I can't change it. It doesn't make me modest and prude. My belief is your sex drive depends on you and whatever way you deliver can not be blamed for a change in it, that's rediculous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"