Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Confessions from a Department Store Dressing Room

Ok, so you all know that I had a baby almost three months ago.  My body hasn?t quite snapped back to it?s svelte self yet like a few friends of mine who had no sign of having just had a baby a few days after they gave birth. I won?t mention any names but this is the single reason why I will always hate my sister-in-law.   Anyway?.so I have this wedding to go to this weekend and I have spent the last month trying on everything I own only to find I look like an elephant in all of my dresses?.if I was even able to get them over my enormous lactating breasts.

?So the only option was to visit the intimate apparel section of my local Kohl?s for answers.  Let me start by saying I have a new respect for the more ?Rubenesque? ladies among us.  It?s a good thing I have a sense of humor.  I picked out five different items from the racks and let?s just say that picking out ?my first girdle? was far less satisfying an experience than picking out ?my first bra.?

First of all, it is clear that Lycra was invented by a man.  I felt like Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire as I pulled the skin tight fabric over my head.  It is true, each option left me packed like a homemade sausage link but although I was now aerodynamic, I still had a pot belly! So much for their promise to shed ten pounds!

I swear the women in the stalls next to mine feared I was having a bowel movement in the dressing room as I grunted and groaned trying to peel the damn things off of me before falling into a claustrophobic fit.  There were moments I was certain I would never be able to get them off.  Large, my a$$! Felt more like I was trying to fit my huge self into my baby?s size 3-6 month sleeper.

By the time I finished this ordeal I was exhausted.  ?Who needs resistance bands at the gym?, wondered.  Just head to Kohl?s?Looks like I am going to have to hold my breath the whole night.  But at least Mom and I got a laugh out of it!

Re: Confessions from a Department Store Dressing Room

• Oh my god this is hilarious!  Sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing!  You write it so well and I can totally relate!
  • imageCodyGH:
    Oh my god this is hilarious!  Sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing!  You write it so well and I can totally relate!

This!

• Loading the player...
  • Get fitted for Spanx; they are expensive, but SO freakin worth it! I have some from Kohls that are so hard to get on. Trust me when I say get the Spanx. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • haha. This is written well. And I had a similar experience and ended up just going without any "shaper" or girdle or whatever...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Very well written and hilarious.  ;)  I have a bridesmaid dress I have to pay $100 to get taken out.  Being a bridesmaid 2 months postpartum is not ideal.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • The wedding that I am going to this weekend's maid of honor is IN the wedding after giving birth about 2 days ago...the wedding is this Sunday!  I couldnt think of anything I would be LESS likely to want than to be in a wedding less than a week post partum!
  • super funny, especially the bowel movement part.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I am 100% with you... totally funny the way you wrote it, even though it completely is not funny when you're going through the motions!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imageRachelilly23:
    I am 100% with you... totally funny the way you wrote it, even though it completely is not funny when you're going through the motions!

Hey Rachelilly23, I spent the better part of my adulthood taking life WAY too seriously...all it got me was more depressed so in my thirties I have decided to try and see the humor in things (I turn 34 in November)....I tell you...it works. The good news is it has only been 3 months since LO was born...I have some time and a Curves membership so we will see how things go.  On my way to MILFhood....=)

• imageGPGIRLY:
    Get fitted for Spanx; they are expensive, but SO freakin worth it! I have some from Kohls that are so hard to get on. Trust me when I say get the Spanx. :)

100%. Spanx rule. 

Write Your Own Caption Here
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"