Trying to Get Pregnant

Does anyone else spot like crazy?

I always spot for a few days before AF arrives and a couple days after I think it's stopped! Does this happen to anyone else? I don't remember if I did this before BC, so it could very well be a side effect from going off the NuvaRing in March, but it's quite annoying! Anything to worry about, you think?

TTC since 04/2010
Ovarian cancer survivor
DH= low motility
2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
Onto IVF #1= BFN
FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
It's a boy and a girl!
Pregnancy Ticker
My Blog
Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR

Re: Does anyone else spot like crazy?

• I spot. A lot. Have a look at my charts. It can be a sign of low progesterone - which can be determined with bloodwork. I have normal progesterone however and still spot. I have no answers yet but am seeing an ob/gyn in Oct for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagered1976:
    I spot. A lot. Have a look at my charts. It can be a sign of low progesterone - which can be determined with bloodwork. I have normal progesterone however and still spot. I have no answers yet but am seeing an ob/gyn in Oct for it.

Wow! That is a lot. I'm glad your levels are normal. How long did you wait before you brought it up to the doctor? I'm on cycle 5 now, and I think it just might be too early to schedule any type of appointment, but I'm kind of worried about it. And, I don't like having to wear a panty liner for 11 days in a row!!!!!

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • WinkHey Steff!  I don't spot too much but I just wanted to say welcome back to the bump and GL this cycle
    So happy for my BFPB Steff13914 and her new twins! Welcome to the world sweet babies:) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have intermittent spotting before AF and usually just one day at the end.  It is annoying and of course I only started doing this when I started TTC.  I have had moments of wondering if I should be concerned and when I went to my m/c follow-up appointment she looked at my charts and said it was normal. I would get it checked out just for peace of mind.

BTW, welcome back and did you dye your hair? :(

My Little
  • atlbatlb member
    Yes, I am a spotter. I spotted for 60-something days in a row 2 cycles ago. And the one before that, I think I had 8 days mid-cycle. I was just dx with PCOS, don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMySweetBaboo:

I have intermittent spotting before AF and usually just one day at the end.  It is annoying and of course I only started doing this when I started TTC.  I have had moments of wondering if I should be concerned and when I went to my m/c follow-up appointment she looked at my charts and said it was normal. I would get it checked out just for peace of mind.

BTW, welcome back and did you dye your hair? :(

Hi MySweetBaboo! I'm glad your doctor thinks it's normal. I have a feeling I'm probably just over thinking it since my LP seems to be ok and I seem to be ovulating. I might call them just to see if they would even let me go in. It would definitely help ease my mind!

And no, that's a slightly older picture of me. I cut my hair a couple months ago and have not colored it again. It's the only pic I had on my computer at work, and I thought I'd at least post something so people would remember me! :)

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
  • Same thing happens to me. I spot like crazy for about 4 days before and 3 days after.  I went off BCP in May so I don't know if its a side effect or not.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"--Eleanor Roosevelt Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Yes, and a couple times I've been a little worried but I'll wait until my next appoinment to talk to the dr. 
  • I don't spot at all, but as soon as that first "spot" does come, I better grab a tampon fast lol.
  • Thanks for the responses ladies!  I called and they said the doctor would see me! Shockingly, I have an appt. Monday. Wow! I wasn't expecting to get in so soon. I hope they tell me I'm normal and it's nothing to be concerned about :) I'll let you all know what they tell me.
    TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
  • I always spot for 2-4 days before AF. The cycle I got pregnant with my DS I had spotting like I always do. Then AF never arrived. I have no idea what causes it, but I thought I'd share so that you don't give up hope when you start spotting. It doesn't necessarily mean you're not pregnant!
  • I DO! I always spot at least 4 days before AF, but I usually end right on time.  This cycle I have very very light spotting.. I don't start for another week, but it definitely isn't as significant as usualy. 

I don't always think its something to worry about, but I'm not a dr  I've talked to people who say they always spot, and even some who have spotted through and entire pregnancy. GL at the dr! Let us know what they say. Before when I'd ask about the spotting, they'd say use BCP, but that obviously won't work for us TTC.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"