1st Trimester

family car

I am looking for opinions on a new car. I recently found out im preg with #3. I dont really want a mini-van but would consider it. I was hoping for other suggestions. Currently I have a chevy equinox. I can fit a 3rd carseat in the equinox but it will def be tight..thanks for all thoughts..
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: family car

• i would have to sport an suv  or not sure how many seats comes in the dodge magnum but like those too
  • I just got the 2010 Ford Expedition Limited and I love this SUV. So much room. We got the captain chairs on the second row . There is so much room in the SUV
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  •  

Kia Borrego... it has 3rd row seating BUT that seating can be folded down for more trunk space if needed. Seats 7 which is more than you need but leaves room for kids' stuff =] 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i liked the magnum but its basically the same size as the equinox
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We got the Kia Soul ... I was skeptical ... but DH loved it and since I chose a mini cooper before (i miss that car) ... he went with the Soul ... It's actually a good car!! Lots of space, Bluetooth for your cell phone built in ... steering wheel controls, heated seats ... everything is power inside ... Great Value!  We got everything including that chip that prevents the rust ... for under 20Gs taxes in!

• We are looking at Tahoe's or Suburban's right now. Where we live, we need 4 wheel drive. Some of the models have captain chairs in the second row, so it's easy to get to the third row, I would imagine this would be easy with 3 carseats. The Acadia/Traverse also comes w/ third row seating, however do not have the 4 wheel drive, but are quite large and comfortable. Saturn had the Outlook w/ 3 rows as well, you may get a good deal on one of these as they no longer make Saturn's.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a new ford Flex (fits 7 comfortably) and I loooooooooove it! I always refused to buy a minnie van but with baby #3 on the way we needed something bigger. LOVE this...very stylish & comfy (pricey though)

image"> 
  • Sounds like you need something with a 3rd row of seats, but the back row can be so hard to get to in a big 'ol SUV. I might start looking at a mini van if I were in your shoes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • We just got a Grand Caravan and I am in love. Double sliding doors, drives really smooth, and great gas mileage on highways. I would seriously consider at least test driving a van. You may be surprised. I never saw myself in a van until the day i heard "it's twins!"
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageVazquezGal:
    Sounds like you need something with a 3rd row of seats, but the back row can be so hard to get to in a big 'ol SUV. I might start looking at a mini van if I were in your shoes.

My Ford Flex has 3rd row of seats but the middle seats left up so there's no climbing over. Its very easy. Its also a V6 not V8 like most trucks and its not on a truck suspension making it a very smooth ride

• I am expecting #3 also and we broke down and got a Kia Sedona (minivan). My husband hates to be seen in it :)

BUT it's the best car-decision ever! I absolutely LOVE it, super convenient, I can hold so much stuff, strollers, etc. So glad I went the van route, and let's face it, with 3 kids I wouldn't be fooling anyone if I drove a "cool" car anyway :)

• I am in the same situation! I have an older Explorer, and cannot fit 3 car seats in my SUV. It depends on what you're looking to spend on a car. I am thinking I will end up with a Mini Van. For vans Im looking at the Sienna, Routan, Grand Caravan, and Odyssey.
    But if you have a little more to spend, the newer SUVs come with 3rd row seating. The newer explorers fit 3 seats across them, the newer Toyota Highlander have 3 rows and lots of cargo room, the Saturn Vue, Chevy Traverse and GMC Acadia are my favs for the newer cars.
    Best of Luck!!
  • Check out the Mazda 5 room like a van looks like a nice sports car surprised me!
  • I refuse to drive a mini van too. I'm planning on trading my Honda Accord in for a GMC Acadia/ Saturn Outlook/ Chevy Traverse. They all have the extra row in the back. Good Luck Car Shopping!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"