Trying to Get Pregnant

What does a 4DPO temp drop below the coverline mean?

I am still figuring all this out. I posted a few days ago asking if you think FF got my O date wrong and someone suggested discarding the temp in question. I did and it took away my CHs. After two days of staring at that I added it back because it just looks better to me with them lol.

Does a 4DPO temp drop below the coverline mean it definitely could not have been my O date? Or what?

Re: What does a 4DPO temp drop below the coverline mean?

• atlbatlb member
    Generally, it doesn't mean squat. However, I really am not sure you Oed. Why was that particular temp an open circle?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Tricky. Looks to ME like you O'd on day 15. Hmmm. Curious to see others' opinions.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • first of all, the CL is too low.  You only have 2 "pre-O" temps under it.   It should be closer to 96.8 or 96.9.

Don't add in, or discard temps to make your chart "pretty".   What was the reason for the really high temp and open circle on CD11?

you possibly could have O'd somewhere around CD15 or CD16.   Only time will tell.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • I think FF is wrong. I don't think you O'd until around day 15.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • atlbatlb member
    imagestaycee:

first of all, the CL is too low.  You only have 2 "pre-O" temps under it.   It should be closer to 96.8 or 96.9.

Don't add in, or discard temps to make your chart "pretty".   What was the reason for the really high temp and open circle on CD11?

you possibly could have O'd somewhere around CD15 or CD16.   Only time will tell.

What makes you say the CL is too low? I have often had a CL with lots of pre-O temps above it. I don't think it's anything we have influence over--isn't it calculated automatically?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageatlb685:
    Generally, it doesn't mean squat. However, I really am not sure you Oed. Why was that particular temp an open circle?

This.

• imagebrookelynpaisley:
    I think FF is wrong. I don't think you O'd until around day 15.

I agree with us... but it's hard to tell w/ that missing temp. Why an open circle?

BFP #1 - BFP #2 - Blog
    <3 and Luck to my BFPB StephK!!- Emma is here!!

• The temp was because I only had 2.5 hours of consecutive sleep (woke up really early to use the restroom) so I originally marked it as "sleep deprived". Then I was reading online and others had a similar circumstance, so I decided not to discard it. I wasn't just "adding in temps" to make it look pretty. 

To those who were thinking a CD15 O, I think that could be the case also if it wasn't CD9. I did a lot of searching in the chart gallery for charts like mine and there are several so it could go either way I guess.

• It's hard to say because that one temp was taken with only a few hours sleep. I would probably take it out if all the other temps are taken at the same time with about the same amount of sleep. I'm not too sure about the 15th either because I think FF will mark O based on temps higher than the past 6 temps, but yours are really "rocky". I don't really see that. It could be an implatation dip but it would be a little early if you O'd on the 15th.In the future, try to also haven't note CM consistently. It's too late now, but you should always note at least 2 other O detector methods (OPKs, ferning tests, CM) in order to help you out. Either way, GL! I hate those months where my chart is all over the place!
  • imageatlb685:
    imagestaycee:

first of all, the CL is too low.  You only have 2 "pre-O" temps under it.   It should be closer to 96.8 or 96.9.

What makes you say the CL is too low? I have often had a CL with lots of pre-O temps above it. I don't think it's anything we have influence over--isn't it calculated automatically?

based on how TCOYF teaches to set a CL.   Similar to this:  (quote from FAQ section of FF)

Fertility Awareness Method Rules which place the coverline at one tenth of a degree higher than the 6 previous temperatures before ovulation.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • I discarded it again and now FF is telling me it thinks I may have O'ed around CD13-15 but isn't showing CHs yet because they aren't sure.

Regarding checking my CM- it took me a while to get comfortable marking that because I was never definite whether it was creamy, sticky, etc and I didn't want to be wrong. I think I have it figured out enough now. 

Lesson learned- I will be a better charter now! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"