Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Do you remember the pain?

I was talking to my friend last night who is currently pregnant with her first child. She asked me if i remembered being in labor. I answered her honestly "No" I know that i was having small contractions for days and was in labor labor for 13 hours. But honestly i dont remember the pain, i dont remember pushing for an hour or that fact i felt like i been hit by a bus for three days afterwards. This made me wonder if im the norm or the minority.

So i ask you ladies Do you remember the pain?

Re: Do you remember the pain?

• I do, but even as I was going through it, I remember thinking "This hurts, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be."

I had a toothache last night that I can honestly tell you I think hurt worse.  I cried last night... I didn't cry in labor, except when I was throwing up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I remember the pain very well- probably because it was just 2 weeks ago. I don't think i'll ever forget it, though. I was in labor for 27 hours and pushing was the worst pain i've ever endured, even with an epidural.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sort of, but not badly if that makes sense.  I remember being stiff and sore after my c-section, but I'd definately do it again (well, obviously b/c I did after the first time! ) :)
  • I totally do. I was induced, and the pain of the contractions prior to my epidural was awful. I really wanted to die. Once I got the epidural, everything was awesome. Pushing was a breeze because I literally felt nothing.

I also remember the pain of recovery (2nd degree tear). Ugh. I'm not prepared for baby #2 anytime soon!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was on pitocin for 8 hours with no drugs, followed by another 7 hours with an epi and almost 3 hours of pushing and ended up with a c section, and I most certainly remember the horrific pain before the epi.  The memory is fading a little though..lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's just now starting to get fuzzy. For weeks & weeks, I could recall everything, and just the thought of those almost 3 hours of pushing made me shudder. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Yes.  I distinctly remember shivering uncontrollably and throwing up in the middle of my contractions.  Labour came fast and furious for me with no build up and no time to rest with 50 second contractions 1 1/2 mins apart from start to finish.  Thank god my labour was fast and I got an epi when I did.  I don't know how I would have managed had I not gotten an epi. 
  • I don't exactly remember the pain or all the details, but I remember the overall night. 

I remember bits and pieces, I remember certain contractions, I remember the overall pain when LO crowned.  But the rest is kind of a big blur. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Shockingly not really. And my l&d was 65 minutes pitocin induced with no epi. I know I told the nurse right after that I reached the "10" out of 10 on the pain scale though, lol. Pushing for me sucked the worst but I know most people think the contractions are the worst. DS was sunny side up and I had no relief between contractions and pushed for 2 1/2 hr (with epi), but that was nothing compared to a painmed free birth, lol.
    imageimageimage
  • For having a c-section the recovery pain was no where NEAR what I was expecting it to be. Maybe I got very lucky.

The contractions from the pill they gave me to soften my cervix sucked because they were erratic and coming every 30 seconds...literally they were not letting up so it was one big giant contraction until I got my epi and even that wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

• I remember being in pain, but I can't remember the exact feeling anymore. My mom told me that you forget the pain and I didn't believe her bc I could remember it so vividly. Now like pp said, it's a flash in the pan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • I do- my labor pain wasn't terrible, but I had awful back labor and will never forget how terrible that felt, especially when my epi wore off and I had to push for 2 1/2 hrs with it.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I honestly had very little pain...ds was born at home with one push. I don't think that's normal but I know many people forget about the pain, otherwise people would stop after the first child.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ha!  YES!  Induction will pretty much ensure that you have pain that you couldn't soon forget.  But I remember the relief of the epidural equally well.

Did it suck?  Yes.  But it was totally worth it, and I'll be ready to go through it again in a couple of years. 

• I don't remember the labor pains quite as much now. But the actual pushing and delivery are stuck in my mind like it happened this morning.
  • I was induced and I, like pp, remember being in pain, but I don't really remember exactly what it felt like. What I do still remember is the feeling of getting the epi, because it hurt and I cried more for that than any of the pit contractions. I also remember what it felt like when she crowned because even with an awesome epi, it still felt like I was gonna rip in half. But I didn't even tear. I dunno, I feel like my bad epi insertion was my payback for having a somewhat easy time of the rest.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • imageucdeidre:

Ha!  YES!  Induction will pretty much ensure that you have pain that you couldn't soon forget.  But I remember the relief of the epidural equally well.

Did it suck?  Yes.  But it was totally worth it, and I'll be ready to go through it again in a couple of years. 

This. :)

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • I remember there was pain, but I can't remember exactly what it felt like. I had back labor and a natural birth. I'm glad I don't remember much!
  • I remember the experience, but honestly I was never in pain. Aside from my throat hurting from throwing up so much. I was induced, in labor for 28 hours, pushed for 3 hours, and ended up with a c/s. I compared the contractions to my typical period pain. I do remember while I was pushing waiting for the horrible pain of LO being born, but it never hurt, most likely because he was so big & wasn't moving! Because of how easy it was, I can only imagine if we have a second child it will be the most painful experience of my life!!!
  • Oh I remember it.  I had a 36 hour labor, in which I had 12 hours of pitocin induced contractions with no drugs.  I also pushed for almost 3 hours, he was posterior and sitting on a nerve on my hip....it was the most painful thing I have ever done and I remember it well.  I had a rough labor, that being said.....I still loved giving birth.  When I see baby shows during the labor part, I am still excited to go through it again someday.
  • Yep, unfortunately I still do remember all of it.  From the contractions, to the epidural, to the pushing, to the recovery...I know in time the memory fades though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"