3rd Trimester

Is it just me....

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is either being induced or having a c section?  I absolutely do not want a c section and i really don't like the idea of being induced.  I made it through DS's delivery without any drugs, well other than the epidural, no cervidil, no pitocin and i am just really hoping that this one goes the same way.

Anyone else feel this way?

Got my little men 2/23/08 and 8/29/10!! 2 little monsters I tell you!

Re: Is it just me....

• agreed i am starting to feel like complicated is the new "normal"
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yea and as a first timer I feel like I should almost prepare to be induce or have a c-section . I feel like there is no other option.Its scarey !
  • Loading the player...
  • I've noticed this, too.
  • I was JUST telling DH this.  Especially on the August board.  It seems like everyone left has their induction date set already.
  • Yeah. It does seem that way. I'm more afraid of a C-section than being induced.
  • It seems a lot of people are having inductions set once they are a minute past their due date.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • I share your feelings (regarding induction & c-sections).  Though, it seems that "picking your date" is normal now. Even as early as 37-38 weeks.  I can't believe 38-weekers are talking about being induced (before 40w), but, not my body not my decision. I just know it is NOT something I'd consider.  

I am really hoping my LO comes before September 13 - as that is the date my MW said we'd "start talking about induction" (41w5d).   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a c-section mama! Proud of it! lol ok not proud but I don't really care either way. I knew when we got pregnant with twins (last time) that I was most likely going to be sectioned. And when you then get pregnant 6 months post partum from the twins, you are looking at another section! It really wasn't that big of a deal.

FWIW, I doubt you will need to be induced or sectioned since this is your 2nd pregnancy and you did just find delivering vag with your first.

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• They just set my induction date for 41 weeks and 3 days, in case he isn't here by 41 weeks. They don't allow you to go over by 41 weeks, not that you'd want to! 

I cried like a baby today. I don't want to be induced at all, and I'm praying he comes this weekend instead of later. I can't imagine that he won't come on his own in 2 more weeks though. Hell, I can't imagine going more than 3-5 more days. I'm miserable.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was wondering the same thing so I asked my dr. about what his induction policy is so that I'd be prepared in case I had to be induced. He said he prefers to induce at 41 weeks, but is okay with prolonging that another week if the mom is really adamant about not being induced. So ask your doctor what his policy is, it might make you feel better!
  • Doctors are not comfortable with breech deliveries when they can do a 15 min c/s..There are risks to them, but there are tons of risks with c/s too..I have always wanted a natural, pain-med free birth, but that is not happening now..Both of my babies are breech and no one will even attempt a vag delivery here with both being breech..So epidural and c/s here I come.. :( As long as they are safe I will live with the fact that I cannot have my ideal birth plan. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image Visit The Nest!
  • My situation is a bit different, but my OB isn't letting me go past 38 weeks with the twins. So if we make it that far I'll be induced and that is quite fine by me. Just because I'm having twins doesn't mean I'm an automatic c-section either.

My OB is quite comfortable and experienced with breech deliveries and prefers vag over surgery anyday if Mom and babies are safe. I could care less how we get from point A to point B, the goal is for me to go home with 2 healthy babies. Don't care how we get there.

• imagePhilsWife07:

It seems a lot of people are having inductions set once they are a minute past their due date.

This exactly.  My doctor wouldn't even talk induction with me until I was past 41 weeks.  Thankfully I went into labor on my own at 41 weeks, but had I not, I had an appointment for 41 weeks 1 day and he would have talked about when to induce.  But not at 40 weeks!  She needed an extra week to cook apparently!

• i had a scheduled c-section for my first and will have a scheduled c-section with my 2nd.  Both are early, and the safest way for me.

You should not feel cheated if this is the way you have to go, you are still a mom either way!!

• image***SweetPea***:
    imagePhilsWife07:

It seems a lot of people are having inductions set once they are a minute past their due date.

This exactly.  My doctor wouldn't even talk induction with me until I was past 41 weeks.  Thankfully I went into labor on my own at 41 weeks, but had I not, I had an appointment for 41 weeks 1 day and he would have talked about when to induce.  But not at 40 weeks!  She needed an extra week to cook apparently!

well, my doctor is NOT quick to induce and she said we want to put on the calender anyway, because so many people are quick to schedule for the hell of it. I got put on for 41 weeks and 2 or 3 days, and the woman showed me the calender. I was actually quite shocked at how "booked" they are. crazy that you have to "reserve" a spot, if you're really overdue, ya know? 

• My induction date is going to be scheduled tomorrow (exactly 41 weeks). However, my doc says she doesn't do them much past 41 weeks and some change... so I'm hoping for friday!! lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 40-42 weeks isn't a picnic but it is manageable.  I went to the hospital at 41w5d for my NST (which was perfect as well as fluid) and the midwife as well as the on call OB felt no need to admit me for induction.  I know OBs are afraid of liability but, unless the baby is in distress, why not go 41.5-42 weeks?

Of course this will be a different story when I go in at 42w1d, they'll probably admit me no matter what, unfortunately.  :(

• for me, I plan on a regular vaginal birth, but they warned me that since I have gestational diabetes, they won't let me get past my due date because of concerns re: extra ginormous baby.  She's already measuring ahead, but only at the last u/s so I hope it was just a little "growth spurt."   I'd prefer to not need the surgery. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagePhilsWife07:

This.

I figure that a baby comes when it's ready (unless there's something medically wrong where it would be better to get the baby out early.) Due dates are often off, size estimates are off, and people can just be seriously impatient and irrational.

imageimage
  • imageBrandy1229:

40-42 weeks isn't a picnic but it is manageable.  I went to the hospital at 41w5d for my NST (which was perfect as well as fluid) and the midwife as well as the on call OB felt no need to admit me for induction.  I know OBs are afraid of liability but, unless the baby is in distress, why not go 41.5-42 weeks?

Of course this will be a different story when I go in at 42w1d, they'll probably admit me no matter what, unfortunately.  :(

Good luck, Brandy! I hope it goes really well for you.

My MW said the longest she's ever let someone go was 42w2d because their NST's looked great--so I've been using that as my endpoint to focus on--not my actual due date.

imageimage
  • imagejakobsmom08:

Is it just me or does it seem like everyone is either being induced or having a c section?  I absolutely do not want a c section and i really don't like the idea of being induced.  I made it through DS's delivery without any drugs, well other than the epidural, no cervidil, no pitocin and i am just really hoping that this one goes the same way.

Anyone else feel this way?

It definitely seems that way to me.  I have no idea why people are scheduling inductions at 38 weeks.  I'll be 41 weeks tomorrow and my doctor is planning to induce on Monday.  I'm still hoping the baby will come on its own this weekend.  I'm really scared about being induced.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"