3rd Trimester
Options

Smoking (vent)

I admit I know it was horrible for me to smoke before I was pregnant ,but I stopped the second I found out I was pregnant ( and i feel guilty about smoking for the first 4 weeks ) .But do people have to ask me EVERY DAY if I miss it .Do people constantly have to say they cant beleive I was able to quit ? I dont want to hear about it anymore ! And I really dont wanna hear "You know your gonna start smoking again when the baby is born right " .NO I WONT LEAVE ME ALONE !!!! vent over !

Re: Smoking (vent)

• Options

It never ceases to amaze me how indirectly insensitive people can be.

Well I think its amazing that you did quit and I believe that you will not start up again after LO gets here :D

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on quitting!  Tell them to shut up and get over it that you were able to quit and they're apparently not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hate hearing this, too. I smoked until I found out I was pregnant, but the moment I did, I had no trouble quitting, and haven't looked back. I have actually grown to really, really dislike smoking and I KNOW I won't go back to it after LO is born.

These people should be happy that you quit and be encouraging you to keep it up. If not, they're jerks. That being said, WAY TO GO for quitting and you can and will keep it up after LO is here. :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

Way to be supportive! Ugh. My father was just diagnosed with lung cancer, and he quit cold turkey. He's done it in the past, but he said he can't even stand to be near anyone who smoked hours before(the smell makes him sick).

You will do what is best for you and your family.  Don't let the naysayers get you down. You will prove them wrong!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good for you!  It's definitely not an easy habit to give up and it's awesome how you were able to do it.  I hate when people just make assumptions, but just ignore them! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hate even TALKING about it. I quit when I found out and it was NOT easy at all! I still crave it. People want to have endless conversations about it, and although the cravings are easier to deal with now, it still is a struggle and talking about it makes it worse.
  • Options

Same here!! A girl I used to be friends with would try to push me to smoke WHILE I am pregnant because her friend had a baby that is perfectly healthy and she smoked almost a pack a day. We are no longer friends.

But yeah, my family won't let up about it, either. At the beginning they questioned if I even stopped and it was easy for me to do so because I had better things to do like take care of my body, so it it really frustrated me and it was annoying. Now they keep on telling me to not start up again. What am I? A meth head? Good lord.

Best of luck to you and your baby though and congrats on making the choice to quit :) 

• Options
    I'm sorry people are being so unsupportive! I think its awesome that your were able to quit and dont plan to go back- good for you!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Congrats on quitting, I know it isnt easy to do, but you did- great job!!  Tell the people who ask you to mind their own business...im sure them bringing it up makes it worse!!

If you do decide to start again after baby is born- your choice!!

tell them to BUTT OUT...lol (pardon the pun) 

Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
  • Options
    imagejessakris:

I hate hearing this, too. I smoked until I found out I was pregnant, but the moment I did, I had no trouble quitting, and haven't looked back. I have actually grown to really, really dislike smoking and I KNOW I won't go back to it after LO is born.

These people should be happy that you quit and be encouraging you to keep it up. If not, they're jerks. That being said, WAY TO GO for quitting and you can and will keep it up after LO is here. :)

This exactly.  I have told people to stop asking me.  I hardly think about it at all anymore unless I smell it (which is rarely) or someone asks me if I still have cravings.  They are being counterproductive to us quitting and I make sure that is clear.  People have stopped asking me. :)  I will never smoke again.  If I have one, I know I will be right back at a pack a day and I would never put LO in harm's way or let her have the possibility of losing me at a young age.  My Gpa dies when my mom was 17 due to lung cancer from smoking.  I won't put my daughter through that if I can do something to maybe prevent it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    i was a smoker. i quit when i got pregnant with my son 5 years ago..i couldnt imagine smoking while pregnant and it honestly wasnt that hard to quit knowing how important it was for my child. i have never went back to smoking and dont miss it at all,im actually repulsed by it now, and as hypocritical as it sounds judge smokers..
    GL to you and good job for making the great choice to quit!
  • Options
    proud of you! stay strong!
    Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stay strong and keep proving them wrong!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I have my own vices that I crave every day, it doesnt matter the addiction it is hard to give it up. People dont need to remind you so much of what you are giving up for having this baby, and that really sucks of them. Yes its hard, yeah you may dream or fantasize about lighting up a nice yummy clove cigarette (sorry, my preference, not necessarily yours) but that doesnt make it so unbelievable or surprising that you were willing to put it aside for the good of your baby. We get lucky, we wont go back to them after our children get here either.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• Options
    I also quit the day I got my BFP and I don't plan on going back either. You can do it, don't let all the negative people get to you.
  • Options

Ugh I get this too and it is so annoying!I quit when I found out at about 5 weeks.

I had one friend who told me there was no way I would be able to quit,and bragged about how she smoked 2 packs a day through all of her pregnancies,and how her kids are "fine".Well,she never went to full term with any of her pregnancies.Her youngest was born at 30 weeks,and has asthma pretty bad,as well as crohn's disease(not sure if there's a connection with that one).She constantly tells me I will be smoking immediately after I have the baby.

I also constantly get asked if I miss it.Um,I was a smoker for 12 years-of course I miss it!STFU and be supportive!

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"