3rd Trimester

Babies R US Returns w/o Receipt?

So we just had a shower this weekend and we received a few things not on our registry from babies r us, without a gift receipt (and hardly anything from our registry!).  I have seen posts about BRU returns but haven't read them because not relevant till now!  I can tell from the subject lines, that people seem frustrated with BRU, any advice, tricks, thoughts?  Thanks

Re: Babies R US Returns w/o Receipt?

• Did you register there? If you did they can look it up on your registry and give you store credit if not find a target that will let you return w/o a reciept because BRU wont work with you... As long as target carries the item they let you get store credit...
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister-in-law had this happen to her. She actually added the stuff to her registry that she was given at the shower, then returned the item to BRU. They saw it was on her registry and returned in without a receipt. 
    DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Add it to your registry right now and mark as received.  Then you can return it or get store credit (depending on the store) since it was on your registry.  BRU has no idea when you had your shower!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSimoneSays22:
    My sister-in-law had this happen to her. She actually added the stuff to her registry that she was given at the shower, then returned the item to BRU. They saw it was on her registry and returned in without a receipt. 

This ^..They are very strict about the no receipt no return policy..But if you add it to your registry and then go in to return the item they have to allow it..

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image Visit The Nest!
  • Damn, you girls are good! I wouldn't have thought of that! hehe
  • If you registered there, I think they will take anything back that is from their store, if it's on your registry or not. DH and I returned a lot of newborn clothes we received and they took back them all.
    image image

• It is SO frustrating that they won't take their products back w/o a reciept if it is not on your registry. I got a few things that we had registered for but was given an off brand, one was even a Babirs R Us brand, but w/o a reciept they wouldn't touch it and of course I couldn't pass it off as Wal-Mart or Target!
  • Add whatever it is to your registry and then return it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageheatherm818:
    Add it to your registry right now and mark as received.  Then you can return it or get store credit (depending on the store) since it was on your registry.  BRU has no idea when you had your shower!

This is what I did and didn't have a problem

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"