Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Help! 11 week old has cough & excess drooling

He is drooling very thick clear liquid and when he is crying he keeps coughing.  At night feedings, we are having a very hard time with him taking the bottle, he cries and cries for about 20 minutes before we can calm him down to eat.  We got our 2 month shots on the 29th, which had the pertessis (spelling sorry) shot with it.  He seems congested. 

Anyone have this sort of issues and what did you do?  I used some saline in his nose this morning and he screamed and cried when I did it - it was a very horse cry.  I have some baby vapor rub but i am wondering if  I should run a humidifier in his room as well....any help would be greatly appriciated!

TIA

Married 2007
DS - 5/2010
DD - 6-2013
TTC #3 - Cycle #9

Re: Help! 11 week old has cough & excess drooling

• If he seems congested it is best to just take him to the doctor. It could be nothing, but it could also be the start of a nasty cold.
    Married on September 11th, in honor of our fallen heroes.
  • I don't know about the coughing, but my DD has the excess spit thing.  I read that about this time (10-11 weeks), they don't know what to do with all thier saliva and they start drooling a lot.  If you're really worried, I would call your pedi and check with them.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The coughing could be from drool going back down their throat? Elevate the crib mattress by putting a rolled towel underneath, run a humidifier, use Vicks on a nightshirt, and continue the saline nose drops. Oh and at least once a day run a steamy shower and just sit there with your LO for about 10 minutes. I did this for about a week and my DD cleared up. GL!
  • Thanks for the tips everyone, I will try some of these remidies before sending him to the doctors office.  I am off work on Friday, so it should give us a couple of days for a hopeful clear-up!
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"