3rd Trimester

Breastfeeding "Negative Nancy"

Alright so, I'm sure this post could go on the breastfeeding board but I post more often over here. I just LOVE all the unsolicited advice I've gotten throughout my pregnancy, but advice on breastfeeding takes the cake. Examples below of some of the comments people decide to make. I think it's especially ironic because the question always begins with "Are you going to breastfeed?" Now, being a normal sane person I think simply answering yes would suffice and shut them up....ya right, I should be so lucky.

"Are you going to breastfeed?"

"Yes."

"It's going to hurt!" (Really? No way! I thought having another human being chomping on your tit would feel awesome. :P )

"You'll never be able to do it." (Wow, thanks for the heads up. I had no idea you were an expert on my breasts. That saved me a lot of trouble!)

"Well I never breastfed." (Terrific...now STFU. I swear it's like all bottle feeders think people that breastfeed have a personal vendetta against them. Not the case ladies...we really could care less.)

I could go on and on, but those are my personal favorites. I have gotten to the point now where I simply walk away. I'm pregnant right? I can always blame the "hormones." :) 

Re: Breastfeeding "Negative Nancy"

• This is one of those topics where wvery one has an opinion... even Men... which I find to be the worst offenders.

Im choosing to EP and Ive been told that If I wont comit to fully EBF I wont EP at all, it will be too hard. Um My "diet" isnt healthy enough to BF rediculous things that have NOTHING to do with sucessfully EPing or BFing either way... I agree its irritating...

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's weird because I'm not going to breastfeed and I've gotten a lot of positive comments when I was expecting negative. More people have said "good for you" than anything else. Haha. People are so weird...I can't understand why they care anyway!
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite is the fun, and very graphically detailed, breastfeeding stories that other mothers like to tell.  Do we really need to know that much detail?

I had one friend of a friend offer me her phone number so that I could call if I have any questions after her long story.  LOL!  It was so funny.  I tried to be polite and tell her that I get free lactation consultation at the hospital and at the pediatrician's office, so I'm sure we'll be okay.  But oh well.

• imageDaniLorello:

This is one of those topics where wvery one has an opinion... even Men... which I find to be the worst offenders.

Im choosing to EP and Ive been told that If I wont comit to fully EBF I wont EP at all, it will be too hard. Um My "diet" isnt healthy enough to BF rediculous things that have NOTHING to do with sucessfully EPing or BFing either way... I agree its irritating...

I'd tell them to bite me. My friend had to EP due to a medical reason with her baby and she was fine -- that baby was fed with breast milk exclusively for 6 months, when she had to be weaned due to same medical condition. What does it matter how it gets inside the baby as long as it gets there?

• imageAllie30:
    imageDaniLorello:

This is one of those topics where wvery one has an opinion... even Men... which I find to be the worst offenders.

I'd tell them to bite me. My friend had to EP due to a medical reason with her baby and she was fine -- that baby was fed with breast milk exclusively for 6 months, when she had to be weaned due to same medical condition. What does it matter how it gets inside the baby as long as it gets there?

Thats my thought exactly. I had a total stranger tell me that I was being selfish because I had personal sexuality issues for not "wanting" to BF and EP instead. Like I said every one has something to say and its not usually what you want to hear. They arent going to come to my house and do it for me so I take whatever Im hearing with a HUGE grain of salt...

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a woman tell me to rub a microplane on my nipples - that's what breastfeeding feels like.

Ummm.... thanks for the encouragement? 

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSimoneSays22:

I had a woman tell me to rub a microplane on my nipples - that's what breastfeeding feels like.

Ummm.... thanks for the encouragement? 

Fantastic. Did she also tell you giving birth was like letting a MAC truck hit your vagina? How nice...

Confused

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"