3rd Trimester

When were you able to start telling body parts?

Just curious at what point you were able to tell what was the head, the butt, a foot, an elbow, etc?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When were you able to start telling body parts?

• Within the last week I've noticed a big difference in his head/rump versus an arm or a leg. These movements are definitely much more pronounced than the jabs or kicks I'd been having.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With the exception of the butt, I could never tell with DD and haven't been able to tell with this one either.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've just started being able to tell when his head is near my ribcage. I had my husband run his fingers over the baby's skull last night. He was thoroughly creeped out. I still can't differentiate head/back/bum most of the time, but I can definitely find the feet when he's active. 
  • At about 30 wks LO started pushing his/her feet out at the top of my bump and you could see and feel the outline. From there, it's gotten easier and easier to tell feet/legs/butt (I can even move LO around a little.) I haven't been able to feel the definition to parts that are below my belly button, though.
  • I still can't figure it out. She likes to hang out on my right side and I can always feel a hand, foot or knee over there(not sure which one). Othern than that, I'm clueless!
  • My MW showed me what her butt felt like a few weeks ago, but that's the only body part that I can readily identify.
    imageimage
  • I have a hard time telling which baby is moving where for the most part, let alone tell which specific body part is moving. Both are head down so I'm assuming the large lump up near my rib cage that moves is somebody's bum.
  • I have no freakin' clue...and find it odd that others can tell.
  • I couldn't tell with DD and I can't tell with this one either.  I know that it will be a hard round part (either butt or head) but without seeing an u/s I just guess.  If I have felt kicks and the big bump is further away, I will assume that it's his head.  I have no idea on elbows and smaller parts though.

• imageheckysue:
    Funny you should ask, I still can't but I was just thinking about it.  I had a mom of 5 ask me if I could tell yet.  I had never even considered it until then, but now I keep smooshing my belly trying to figure out if I feel anything!

I am a total belly squisher. I caught myself today sitting at my desk at work mushing my belly and talking to myself "Is that a butt? Maybe a foot?" Then when my co-workers starting giving me the side eye as they passed I realized I wasn't just thinking it. 

I "think" he is head down because I feel most of the movement above my belly button now (which is new).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewife1014:
    I have no freakin' clue...and find it odd that others can tell.

This! I thought LO was breech then the ultrasound last Thurs showed her head down. Apparently the "feet" I thought were kicking me were hands punching me. Shows what I know!

• I can't tell at all! If I feel a big hard spot I assume its his head or bum but I don't even know which way he's lying at this point (head up, down, transverse).
  • Mostly right now my husband and I can tell the difference between the front and the back of our baby since we already know he's head down.  His back feels pretty firm and hard, and his little elbows and legs all feel pretty small in comparison and tend to move around more frequently.
  • I still cant tell...
  •  I have never been able to tell. My husband and I like to guess but we usually don't know what we are talking about haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"