Babies: 0 - 3 Months

swaddling

When did you stop swaddling your LO? DS is only 4 weeks old but he rolls onto his side and Im nervous he is going to roll right over. I left his arms out for his nap this morning and he seems to be doing fine with it but it seems so soon, any thoughts?

Re: swaddling

• We still swaddle at night but I leave one arm out.  We are going to stop swaddling soon thought because he is close to rolling over.
  • Lo is 9 weeks and we still swaddle although he has been getting pretty tough and usually breaks out of it by middle of the night.  He really likes to be swaddled at first and then eventually gets at least one arm out if not both and then sleeps with them above his head so cute haha. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on your baby. DD hated being swaddled so she never really was after we left the hospital. According to the nurse swaddling isn't a must and if your baby sleeps fine w/ out it that's fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My pedi told me to stop swaddling once he could break out of the swaddle.  We wrap him to sleep but kind of leave his arms unwrapped if that makes any sense.
  • I believe it's okay to swaddle until they are about 3 months old or so but most babies won't care for it that long it really just depends on your baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"