Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Just tired of waiting (MMC vent)

Can someone send a message to my body that it's time to let go?  Although I am scared of a D&C, since I have never had surgery or been put under and I am deathly allergic to just all about antibiotics, right not I think the stupidest thing I ever did  was decide to wait. I think like 4 days would have been good, I could have grieved and accepted the fact that the baby is dead and then had it removed before I progressed any further.  Today marks my 11th week of pregnancy. Hello uterus the baby has not had a heart beat for three weeks, time to let it out so we can get on the road to recovery.  Let's go already!

Re: Just tired of waiting (MMC vent)

• Similar situation here. I'm 9 weeks and 4 days, but the embryo stopped growing at 6 weeks and 1 day and we could never find a heartbeat. I wish this bad dream would just end already so I could start to feel normal again.

I'm really sorry for your loss. I understand not wanting a D&C - I feel the same way, too. Surgery makes me very nervous. I hope things move along for you soon. T&P in your direction.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • If you really want to avoid a D&C, have you considered misoprostol?  I took it after waiting 5 days because I couldn't stand waiting any longer, constantly wondering when I would begin to miscarry.  I had a great experience with it and was able to avoid the surgery.  Just wanted to let you know there were other options.  I'm so sorry for your loss.
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My doctor didn't mention that option and I didn't know to ask until later when I read more.  If nothing has happened I will ask her when I see her a week from today (ugh more waiting).  Hopefully things get moving between now and then!

I am most afraid of taking anti-biotics after the D&E becuase I have not taken any since I was 13 and ended up at the hospital with hives on the outside and inside of my body causing my kidney to start to shut down.  Later I found out what I had was Stevens-Johnson syndrome...really rare 1 in a million people get it.  That being said I know I could need them after a natural mc too.  This sucks. 

• How scary about the antibiotics!  I definitely don't blame you.  You are right, the whole situation just sucks... As if losing a baby isn't difficult enough, then we have to deal with issues like this.  :-(  I'll be thinking of you these next few days.  Definitely keep us updated.
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

• Ugh I am sorry. That is partially why I chose a D&C. My baby stopped growing at 6w and at 11.5 weeks I had absolutely no sign of my body recognizing this, even after I put in 2 rounds of misoprostol/cytotec. I didn't want to wait indefinitely. I think that is really hard.

I hope your body will do this on it's own soon, if not, I really think you should consider a D&C, it was really easy and painless for me, by far the easiest part of this whole ordeal. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in the same boat... apparently everything stopped growing at 5.5 weeks for me (at least that's what I'm assuming since no one really seems to want to talk to me about any of this!), and I'm currently 10.5 weeks.  We got their definitive answer on Wednesday that I should have a d&c.  I have no signs of miscarriage, in fact my pregnancy symptoms are worse then ever.  I've scheduled the d&c but am seriously considering canceling it.  I'm a teacher and I go back to work in a few weeks and I'm just as scared that this won't happen on it's own before we go back. I mean seriously how long can it take a body to figure this out?!? And my thoughts are I wouldn't know any of this until next week at the earliest if I hadn't gone in for an early dating ultrasound so what's the harm in waiting another week or two?
  • imageitsmegin:

Ugh I am sorry. That is partially why I chose a D&C. My baby stopped growing at 6w and at 11.5 weeks I had absolutely no sign of my body recognizing this, even after I put in 2 rounds of misoprostol/cytotec. I didn't want to wait indefinitely. I think that is really hard.

I hope your body will do this on it's own soon, if not, I really think you should consider a D&C, it was really easy and painless for me, by far the easiest part of this whole ordeal. 

This was my experience too. I think it can take a while for your HCG and hormones to drop to a level that the body recognizes it as a M/C.

BTW- I never took antibiotics after my surgery.

DS Born 10/05/99 DSS Born 7/11/95 BFP 05/11/10 - Missed M/C, D&C 06/23/10 BFP 8/3/2010 - Ectopic, Methotrexate 8/17/10 BFP 1/27/11- Please God let this heart beat strong. Beta1 17dpo-314 Beta2 20dpo-883 Beta3 22dpo-1861 Beta4 25dpo-5918 DS2 Born 10/07/99 "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he shall be given over to the LORD." 1Sam1v24to28.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and what you are going through!  I originally thought that I'd want to wait and avoid a d&c, but then I decided to have it done on Thursday.  I hate being put under because I get so sick from it, so I had it done at my doctor's office and was awake.  I don't know if that's an option for you or if you'd want to do that.  The actual procedure took about 10 minutes, and I was feeling well enough to leave after about 20 minutes.  I am on antibiotics, but it seems like not everyone takes them.  I will be thinking of you and hope that you can begin recovering, both physically and emotionally, very soon.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 - 6/8/10 - Missed M/C @ 11w3d - 8/3/10 - D&C 8/5/10 BFP#2 - 10/22/10 - EDD 7/5/11 Beta@13dpo - 45 Beta@15dpo - 105 Beta@22dpo - 5082
  • imagesbjardine:
    imageitsmegin:

Ugh I am sorry. That is partially why I chose a D&C. My baby stopped growing at 6w and at 11.5 weeks I had absolutely no sign of my body recognizing this, even after I put in 2 rounds of misoprostol/cytotec. I didn't want to wait indefinitely. I think that is really hard.

This was my experience too. I think it can take a while for your HCG and hormones to drop to a level that the body recognizes it as a M/C.

I was thinking I don't remember taking antibiotics after my D&C either... unless they gave it to me by IV while I was out...?  

I was nervous/scared of getting the D&C too, never had any surgery before either.  It was intimidating to lay down in the OR, but I felt totally fine afterwards (physically, of course)- only mild bleeding, not even as bad as a regular period, for a couple days.  Mine was measuring somewhere between 5w5d and 6w2d (couldn't get a straight answer) even though I was supposed to be 11w.  I was waiting and waiting... I started bleeding 3 nights before the D&C was scheduled, but they wanted to do it anyway to make sure everything is out and that I didn't get any infection.  

I 100% agree with itsmegin too- the D&C was the easiest part of the whole thing- and then you get to move on with a clean slate...

Best of luck to you- and just remember, as hard as it is right now, it does get easier, but only time can heal these wounds. 

• imageLadyMalibu:
    imagesbjardine:
    imageitsmegin:

I was thinking I don't remember taking antibiotics after my D&C either... unless they gave it to me by IV while I was out...?  

I was nervous/scared of getting the D&C too, never had any surgery before either.  It was intimidating to lay down in the OR, but I felt totally fine afterwards (physically, of course)- only mild bleeding, not even as bad as a regular period, for a couple days.  Mine was measuring somewhere between 5w5d and 6w2d (couldn't get a straight answer) even though I was supposed to be 11w.  I was waiting and waiting... I started bleeding 3 nights before the D&C was scheduled, but they wanted to do it anyway to make sure everything is out and that I didn't get any infection.  

I 100% agree with itsmegin too- the D&C was the easiest part of the whole thing- and then you get to move on with a clean slate...

Best of luck to you- and just remember, as hard as it is right now, it does get easier, but only time can heal these wounds. 

One more thing- I was afraid of getting put under too- that it would make me sick afterwards.  But it didn't- no side effects at all.  I actually felt kind of rested ironically, since I hadn't really been able to sleep too well through the stressful weeks before.  Good Luck with whatever you decide to do. 

• I hear ya. Last Thursday I was 9 weeks and had my confirmation via ultrasound that the baby had stopped growing back at week 3. I felt so angry that I had been carrying for an additional 6 weeks! Every time I sat on the toilet, I said a prayer and asked my body to please let go. I started having contraction-like pains today that took my breath away, and I finally started bleeding.

This isn't a great boat to be in, but I am glad that there are others who have had the experience so we can all support each other.

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  I lost my baby girl at 13 weeks and didn't find out until my 17 week check up.  I went through a D&E at that point but it was shocking to me that I had no signs of miscarriage 4 weeks after she had died, I have no idea how much longer it would have been had I not done the D&E. 

The D&E was by no means a pleasant experience , the time in between being dialated and having the proceedure was about 7 hours for me and I had bad cramping during that time , but afterwards I felt totally fine.  And more importantly , it allowed me to begin my grieving and eventually moving forward with my life.  

• Ladies thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me and for keeping me in your t&ps.  I feel much less stressed about possibly going through a D&E now (and I will talk to my doc about the antibiotics on Friday).  I am so sorry for all of your losses too.  Sorry I wan't on here to reply, the in laws are staying with us and I couldn't escape yesterday. 

Today I woke up with a little cramping and some very small clots, so I am thinking it may happen naturally for me.  The little bit of blood I saw made me feel so relieved, it's a very strange reaction.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"