3rd Trimester

freaking outt

so i went to the dr today had a NST and U/S as well as an appt. Doc comes in and goes over the results the non stress test was excellent and everything is measuring fine.... except his belly :( his belly is only measuring at 35w 5d and the rest of him including his head is measuring at 39w. Im supposedly almost 42. Im freaking out right now because they said he has an interuterine growth deficiency. Its only my first baby so clearly im not sure what to think then the doc informs me they need to induce me tomorrow! What does this mean! anyone knowing anything id much appreciate it TIA!

Re: freaking outt

• I don't know anything about it, but why didn't you ask the Dr?  If I were to get any news, you bet your a$$ I would not walk out of that office until my questions were answered.  If you cannot find the info you are hoping for, please call tonight, before your induction, to get the answers.  Good luck and keep us posted!
  • i asked him but he really seemed nonchalant about it like he said the baby might be okay but we really wont know until hes out! i was hoping maybe someone on here had this happen and they can give some insight!
  • Loading the player...
  • It means the baby is growth restricted inside. For some reason, the baby isn't growing as much as it should anymore. So, the best course of action is to deliver the baby so they can get all the nutrients they need on the outside. I work in a NICU, usually these babies have no problems except being a little smaller than average. Good luck tomorrow!! Try to relax, and enjoy meeting your little one tomorrow.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageemriley84:

It means the baby is growth restricted inside. For some reason, the baby isn't growing as much as it should anymore. So, the best course of action is to deliver the baby so they can get all the nutrients they need on the outside. I work in a NICU, usually these babies have no problems except being a little smaller than average. Good luck tomorrow!! Try to relax, and enjoy meeting your little one tomorrow.

I do not have any personal experience but this is my best understanding as well.

Good Luck 

Photobucket
  • Yup, the other 2 girls were right.  I have experience with this- The growth of the baby has been restricted...90% of the time its due to placental insufficiency.  Meaning, since you're getting post-dates, your placenta is just getting old and not feeding the baby like it should....Usually no problems with the baby physically, but they wanna get him/her out because the placenta isnt doing its job.  They'll watch the baby closely to make sure it can handle the "active labor" stage since the placenta is what gives the baby its oxygen reserve to help it along...You'll be fine! Good luck!!
  • I would call the nurse at the office and she if she could answer it if your OB acted liked it was no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"