Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What is your 7 month old's feeding schedule like??

Just wondering what and when you are feeding your 7 month old.  

Thanks!!

Re: What is your 7 month old's feeding schedule like??

• We've been on this schedule for a month or so now and it seems to work great. Tegan is formula fed. 

7:30 AM: 6 oz bottle

9:00 AM: 3.5 oz of stage 2 fruit mixed with 2 scoops (the formula scoop) of oatmeal

11:00 AM: 6 oz bottle

1:00 PM (this one sometimes happens later, depending on our day): 3.5 oz of veggie, no oatmeal

3:00 PM: 6 oz bottle

5:30 PM: 4 oz jar of stage 2 meal, typically a meat mixed with veggie or fruit

6:30 PM: 6 oz bottle

She STTN from 6:30 PM to 7/7:30 AM.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • this is our daily routine (not really a schedule.  I just follow his cues):

bottle (9oz)

play

finish bottle

nap

solids (about 4oz of fruit puree + some grains mixed in with maybe some formula)

play

bottle (5-6oz)

nap

solids (some finger foods like avocado or banana, and then some puree & grain)

play

storytime

bottle (5-6oz)

nap (if needed)  If not needed, playtime!

solids (4-6oz of veggies w/ some grains)

play

bath

bottle (9oz)

story

bedtime

ETA: Bean is FFed, weighs about 26 or 27lbs, wakes up at about 7 & goes to sleep at around 8:30

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My guy started solids at 6 months and it has been a very slow process.  He had a pretty strong gag reflex at first so we are going slowly.

He is still almost entirely BFd so eats first thing in the a.m. (7 a.m. or so), then we go to work/day care.

At day care, his schedule is very approximately:

9:30: 4oz breastmilk

11:30: I go visit/breastfeed him

1:30: 3-4oz solids (usually yogurt+fruit)

3:30: 4oz BM

4:30: 4oz BM

6:30: breastfeed + some sort of solids, yogurt, veggies or fruits - he's still slowly working up to eating more. Sometimes he doesn't eat anything.

8:00: breastfeed

3:00 a.m.: breastfeed

Sam has always been in the 20th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height so he's just a string bean. He's about 16.5 pounds now :)

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • imageAbinormal:

We've been on this schedule for a month or so now and it seems to work great. Tegan is formula fed. 

9:00 AM: 3.5 oz of stage 2 fruit mixed with 2 scoops (the formula scoop) of oatmeal

1:00 PM (this one sometimes happens later, depending on our day): 3.5 oz of veggie, no oatmeal

We're a couple of weeks shy of this but we basically follow this routine plus we do a dreamfeed at around 10pm. Probably going to look to drop the dreamfeed soon.

Oh and we BF. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• DS is flexible with his routine.

Routine #1 

8oz bottle when he wakes, 2.5hrs later solids, 2.5hrs later a 4oz bottle, 2.5hrs later solids, 2.5hrs later 4oz bottle, 2.5hrs 8oz bottle and bed

Routine #2

8oz bottle

5hrs later solids (fruit and yogurt) and 4oz bottle

5hrs later solids (veggies and cereal) and 4oz bottle

4-5hrs later 8oz bottle

We also work on gumable goods in between feedings

I prefer routine #2, makes easier to get things down, the sitter usually does routine #1.

• 7:30 breastmilk- 6oz

8:00 oatmeal and fruit

11:30 breastmilk- 6oz

12:00 vegetable

3:30 breastmilk- 6oz

4:00 meat with fruit or vegetable

7:30 formula- 6oz

middle of the night breastmilk- 5oz

DS gets stage 2 Gerber.

1ht

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAbinormal:

We've been on this schedule for a month or so now and it seems to work great. Tegan is formula fed. 

Almost exactly this, except we do just oatmeal for the morning meal, alternate fruit and yogurt for the lunch meal, and a stage 2 veggie for dinner around 6:30, last bottle around 7:30-8. :-)

• Man, ours is a lot shorter than everyone else's! I've talked to my pedi about it, though, and he says it's fine...Anyway, here's what we do

7:00: Banana for breakfast (he eats a whole banana mashed up). As soon as he finishes the banana, he has a bottle (he is FF) and he drinks anywhere from 3 to 5 ounces.

11:00: Fruit and veggies for lunch. I make my food, but it comes out to approx 5 ounces. As soon as he finishes that, he has a bottle. He usually eats around 6 ounces from the bottle, sometimes as little as 4 though. (Sometimes he has an egg at lunch or sometimes he has yogurt)

3:00: He just has a bottle at this time. His routine is to eat 8 ounces. Yesterday he ate 12 but that's definitely not the norm.

6:45: Fruit and veggies for dinner (sometimes I add some meat but he really doesn't like it yet). At dinner, he eats about 6 to 6.5 ounces of solids. He has a bath and then he gets his last bottle and he usually eats between 6 and 7 ounces from the bottle.

He STTN from about 7:15 until 7:00ish.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"