3rd Trimester

Castor Oil...

Well, I got some. I'm gunna take the plunge tonight. I want my outside baby! She was supposed to be here by now! So I'm going to pack my bags, relax a bit and take my castor oil (mixed in some chocolate milk). So lots of labor dust my way please!! I think I'm going to need it!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Castor Oil...

• My midwife recommends taking it with protein - eggs, particularly.  Apparently, it will help ease your "clearing out..." 

GL! 

• Loading the player...
  • good luck but really the castor oil can be dangerous to the baby so just dont overdue it!
  • Hope it works better with you than it did for me. It just made me puke my guts up. Drink LOTS LOTS LOTS of water. GL!
  • Castor oil really isnt that bad! At least it wasnt for me. I took just over two tablespoons and that night I was in labor and delivery with contractions. Nothing came of those contractions for me (even though they were 3-5 minutes apart and pretty painful for almost six hours) but maybe you will have better luck! And it did cause me to have a BM, but it was was really only a cleanse and it didnt cause cramping or discomfort at all. So good luck!

• imageleroywood:
    good luck but really the castor oil can be dangerous to the baby so just dont overdue it!

I've heard the same thing, its not worth it IMO. Try doing sex, walking, nipple stimulation, exercise ball, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • GL!  My MW gave me the suggestion at my 39 week appointment to try it out if I wanted.  I see her again on Friday and think I will get more info and details about it and try it this weekend (if I'm still pregnant then).  Please update us on how it goes.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • IndifferentZip it!
  • Hmm...I've never heard of mixing it in with a drink or anything, but it sounds a lot better than just drinking it straight.  I'll have to keep that in mind.

What does castor oil taste like?

• I am just going to say it, why oh why do you want to do this to yourself?  I don't know anyone who has had a good experience with castor oil.
  • DON'T DO IT!!! I was desperate to have my baby. I wanted off bedrest so one weekend I took some. Took some on a Saturday and nothing, took more Sunday and holy cow I was so sick for days. I was in the bathroom all day.  That Friday I had my csection. So glad I was over the sickness. I wish I would have listened to people!
  • ...or you could wait until the baby is READY to come.

I mean, raging diarrhea, massive stomach cramps, and fetal distress sounds fun to me too, but I think I'd wait. 

imageimage
  • imageI'mAcrossThePond:

...or you could wait until the baby is READY to come.

I mean, raging diarrhea, massive stomach cramps, and fetal distress sounds fun to me too, but I think I'd wait. 

That is why I wouldn't try it, I sucked it up and went a week and a half over due and it was well worth the wait.

Good Luck and I hope you have a safe and easy L&D!!! 

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • FWIW... I did it with #2. I had about an hour of terrible diarhea. I went to bed. I woke up with contractions a few hours later. Had her 2 hours from then. Clear fluid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"