Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Daycare mommas, a question...

Tegan starts back to daycare next week and all I've received from the daycare was a letter telling me what time and days they would be open. It's a typical daycare center and she will be in the older infant room with several babies who are within 2-3 months of her age.

My question is this:

How does food work at your daycare? I know that I'll have to provide what she eats, but I'm wondering, should I take in her fruit and cereal already mixed or do you think they'll mix it at the daycare. Also, do they feed the babies all at one time or do they feed them according to their schedule?

TIA!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Daycare mommas, a question...

• Options

It varies from place to place - our first DCC had a kitchen on site and prepared organic meals from locally sourced ingredients for all the kiddos.  I will definitely miss that feature, but we moved to the day care on site which was worth the trade :)

Our current place would mix the food for us if we asked.  Sam doesn't eat tons of solids so I just send pre-mixed yogurt or whatever he will eat.  They feed the babies according to their schedules, but some kids eat at the same time.  Never all of them - not enough high chairs :) Just ask - I am sure they will let you know how they run meal time. 

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    I send DS' all pre-mixed and labeled they following his routine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I send a box of cereal and i keep a weeks worth of fruit in the freezer and every eveing I take one out and put it in the fridge to defrost over night. They mix it there.
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -FDR
  • Options
    We don't mix cereal, so I'm no help there, but our DCP feeds on DS's schedule. Luckily he eats his solids at breakfast and lunch times, so he actually eats with all of the other kids (various ages). His bottles are fed on an as-needed basis.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our daycare center will do everything for us - make cereal, mix formula, defrost BM, cut up bananas, count puffs, etc, etc.  They have cabinets where you can leave your food for up to a month.  However, I feel much better about doing it all myself.  I bring pre-made bottles and food in tiny gladware containers.

The feed her according to a schedule that I write out daily.  I try to encourage them to follow DD's cues, but they don't really like to do that.  There's a big whiteboard that says what time each child needs to eat next and what they are eating.  So, even if her primary teacher goes on break, the stand-in can feed her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrs.Keith2B:
    We don't mix cereal, so I'm no help there, but our DCP feeds on DS's schedule. Luckily he eats his solids at breakfast and lunch times, so he actually eats with all of the other kids (various ages). His bottles are fed on an as-needed basis.

This.

• Options

I agree with pp, it's going to vary.  For instance, my daycare provides all the food for LO unless there's something specific he needs.  They feed him breakfast at about 8:30, lunch between 11:30 and 12:00 and bottles in between.  My suggestion is call your daycare and ask a few questions, that way you know for sure what will happen come next week.  GL with your return to daycare.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"