2nd Trimester

Yeast Infection?

ok so...i was uncomfortable and went to the doc today and she said that i have a y.i.

she gave me a perscription and i have to have this cream for 7 days, anyone have ne advice for me about this? this is my 1st y.i. of my life and of course im pregnant so im a lil nervous

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Yeast Infection?

• What did she give you?  An over the counter 7-day Monistat treatment is what my Dr. says is safe to use.
  • I had this too, The prescription was a mixture of the same stuff in monistat plus something else that has different medicine in it.

My suggestions: Keep your nails short, it's annoying getting the cream in your nails when applying it. Also, it will feel so much better after like 3 days but DONT STOP USING IT!  It's like anti-biotics.. keep taking it for the time specified. The cream is so soothing and to be honest, if it got really itchy or uncomfortable between applications, I'd apply a little bit to help sooth it until the next full application.

good luck! I hope you fel better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one a couple weeks ago from taking amoxicillin.  I just bought OTC Monistat.  I'm pretty sure the directions say to insert it before bed...this is a must.  Do it right before you lie down.  The stuff can leak out if you don't and it feels disgusting.  I also made sure I took a shower right when I woke up.  I didn't have any problems during the day.

Like PP said, you will feel better after a few days, but make sure you complete the entire treatment.  You don't want it to come back.

• the more im thinking about it i guessing no (sounds kinds gross) but do you guys think it is not ok to have sex while this treatment is going on?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I had a yeast infection at 34 weeks. It's a good thing you caught it, they can become troublesome later.

Also, make sure you're wearing cotton panties and airing yourself dry after a bath or, even better, going extended periods of time without underwear.

DD1 (b. 8/16/2010)
    DD2 (b. 9/04/2013)
    BFP 2/25/12, m/c @ 6w 3d || BFP 8/1/12, m.m/c @ 9w5d
  • imagetrombagn:
    the more im thinking about it i guessing no (sounds kinds gross) but do you guys think it is not ok to have sex while this treatment is going on?

Do *not* have sex during treatment. Yeast infections definitely spread and can spread to your SO/DH. I was super paranoid during my treatment and washed the sheets every night, etc.

That's one reason it's so important to treat it now---in later pregnancy if you have a YI (say, when you deliver) you can spread it to your LO, which can mess with breastfeeding (then it's called 'thrush'). 

So. Definitely no sex. 

But really, it's not hard to treat. Do what your OB says, follow the treatment, no sex, air yourself out. It'll go away. 

DD1 (b. 8/16/2010)
    DD2 (b. 9/04/2013)
    BFP 2/25/12, m/c @ 6w 3d || BFP 8/1/12, m.m/c @ 9w5d
  • This is so embarrassing to admit, but I've been getting YI every month, like clock work, for the past 3 months. This is my 4th month of pregnancy and my Dr. said that this happens to some women unfortunately.  She prescribed 3 day treatment, terasol, and it worked wonderfully.

• I just had a dr appointment last week, and he said I had one. I didn't even know. He said to just get whatever at the store. Of course I got the one day one, because why would you choose 7 days over one right? Last time I had a YI was years and years ago, and I had to do the gross cream treatment thing. Let me just say that YI treatments have come a looooooong way since then! Monistat 1 day is not bad at all. And there's no cream either, it's a little egg looking thing.
  • I have had 3 since I got pregnant...It is nuts but it happens. My OB prescribed me Diflucan..Its just a pill and completely safe for baby. It is such a pain...Don't even thinnkkkk of having sex until like 10 days after you finish your meds....Big no no. ;)
  • imagetrombagn:
    the more im thinking about it i guessing no (sounds kinds gross) but do you guys think it is not ok to have sex while this treatment is going on?

my doc and pharmacist said it's ok if you really want to, but it;s not comfortable at all!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"