Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Bumbo owners - come in

Would you buy a used Bumbo baby seat? I want to get one for DD and there are a bunch on craigslist for sale.  Just wanted to find out if this was ok to buy used or should I just buy a new one.  TIA!

Re: Bumbo owners - come in

• Yeah as long as chunks aren't missing. It can easily be sanitized.
  • as long as they are not damaged I think used ones will be okay. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as the vinyl's not torn, it doesn't get much easier to clean a baby toy.

We got ours used and glad we did - DS really doesn't care for it.  Glad we spent $10 instead of $40.

• I got one at a garage sale for $5...hell of a deal! I say go for it...like pp said it can be easily sanitized
  • My dad found one at a garage sale and it looks brand new, he paid $3.00 for it.

• yep! we bought ours at a consignment shop for half the price and then cleaned it with clorox.
  • I gtot mine used. I just wiped it down real well with a clorox wipe.
  • Great - thanks everyone!
  • I got mine off Craigslist a few months ago when the moms on 3-6 then (now have moved on to 6-9) told me that you dont use it for more than a few months anyway and it's so pointless to get it new.

The Bumbo + tray is over $50 in stores, but I got it for $15 off Craiglist.

TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we actually got a hand-me-down one from our neighbor. we only used it twice for a couple of seconds b/c ds's thighs were too big for it!! we have since passed it on to dh's step sister b/c she's pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I got mine used and just cleaned it well. I think I'm going to resell it cause she doesn't like it anyway! I'm so glad I didn't buy it new!
  • imageMamatoJackson:

As long as the vinyl's not torn, it doesn't get much easier to clean a baby toy.

We got ours used and glad we did - DS really doesn't care for it.  Glad we spent $10 instead of $40.

I spent the $40. & DS is NOT a big fan. Huh?

I'd definately get used as long as it's in good condition!

• Go used for sure...just clean up.  I find they wipe off really easy!  My LO spits up on EVERYTHING :)
  • We bought a used one...they're EASY to clean.
  • Love the Bumbo. Hate the tray. It always falls off. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup! I got ours for $2.00 at a thrift store.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought a used bumbo chair and it's been fine and much cheaper.
  • I bought mine used off craigs list and I am glad I did...DS used to LOVE it, but now that he can pretty much sit on his own he doesn't care for really for it as much. So he only used it for about 2mo. Now he is in it on occasion, but not often. GL
  • I was going to get a new one, but when I went to BRU and Walmart all they had was pink and purple. My mom ended up finding one at a garage sale for $3.00 and it looks brand new!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't buy mine.  I got it from a friend, who'd originally gotten it from her sister.  So, DD is the third baby using the thing and to be honest, I looks just as new as the ones I've seen in the store.  It's very easily cleaned, so I wouldn't think there's any problem with buying one from Craigslist.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Used ones are fine and can be sanitized really easily.
  • sure...I agree with the pp.  As long as no chunks are missing it should be easy to sanitize.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"