Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Another clicky: Has your baby ever fallen?

Re: Another clicky: Has your baby ever fallen?

• He had a baby, in a bouncy, on the couch? 

Absolutely brilliant

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not afraid to admit it, because it's happened to every parent I know, and that's no exaggeration! DS fell off the couch at 1 month. I was only gone for a second and he had never budged an inch prior to that day. He was and is fine. He also once rolled off the boppy while nursing, when I let go for a moment to readjust. Of course he chose that moment to toss his boday backwards. I caught him. He was and is fine and didn't evem cry that time. I just relatched him and he kept eating. I think if it hasn't happened to you yet, it will eventually!
  • Loading the player...
  • DD almost fell when DH fell asleep with her in the rocking chair. Luckily, he caught her before she hit the ground. Who puts a bouncy chair on the couch?!
  • huh?! i cant believe people answer yes for this question at all.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Ive had bumbo, bouncy seat and baby napping on boppy on the couch. The floor seemed so far when he was down there. but he normally hangs out on the couch or on the ottoman. As long as we strap him in and we are near him watching I think its fine!
  • imageelissa808:
    Ive had bumbo, bouncy seat and baby napping on boppy on the couch. The floor seemed so far when he was down there. but he normally hangs out on the couch or on the ottoman. As long as we strap him in and we are near him watching I think its fine!

thats just not smart

• Kaitlyn rolled off our bed and landed head first onto the hardwood floor.  I had my back turned for a couple seconds, long enough to open a drawer and pull out a pair of pants.  I turned around to see her in mid-air, I was too far away to catch her but lunged for her only to see her crumble onto the floor and the inevitable crack.  She had a large reddish purple lump on her forehead for the next day...*sigh*

I felt absolutely HORRIBLE, she was screaming and I was crying.  I felt like the worst mom on the planet, how could have been so dumb to do that!  We called the pedi and were told to watch her closely for the next 48 hours and wake her up every two hours during the night. 

This happened about 2 weeks ago and it still upsets me to type it.  I actually had two nights of nightmares from this.  Once included me being on the bed and grabbing for her as she fell off, I actually woke up with one hand on the floor like I had fallen halfway out of bed, my husband had to pull me back up.  I kept reliving the impact as though it was on auto-repeat...smack-smack-smack-smack. 

I'm very over-protective of her and her safety, I get nervous just by the way some people hold her, so when I let her fall I beat myself up for a good week over it.

I wish I could go back and not have done that.  I will never leave her on the bed or anywhere up high and take my eye off her.  People kept reassuring me that, "every baby falls" but that doesn't help.  I made a dumb mistake and I still feel horrible about it.  I'm just glad she's doing alright.

• imagerobinsokj:

imageelissa808:
    Ive had bumbo, bouncy seat and baby napping on boppy on the couch. The floor seemed so far when he was down there. but he normally hangs out on the couch or on the ottoman. As long as we strap him in and we are near him watching I think its fine!

thats just not smart

On that note i forgot to mention he has NEVER fallen off them or fallen off the couch or bed so whats the diff between me watching him on the couch and watching him on the couch in his bumbo? Accidents happen as we have heard through the comments on this post. Luckily it hasnt happened to me but I am sure he will fall one day weather it off the couch, my bed, his bike, etc...
  • I fell asleep with DS on my chest in bed. He had been awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night. I decided to just lay down until he was in a deep sleep. The next thing I know I hear a boom and squeal. Poor little guy! I cried more than him!

• imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    huh?! i cant believe people answer yes for this question at all.

Why lie? Accidents happen.

• DS was only 3 weeks old and I was picking up his bouncy seat to move it (not far). I barely had it off the ground and he rolled out of it!! He was swaddled and all. It was the WORST feeling ever. I usually always strap him in, but I had just put him in it for a minute then moved it. He cried for a minute but was perfectly fine. It wasn't far but I freaked out! I have been super paranoid ever since.
  • I voted no, but I just barely avoided it today.  I set DS on the couch so I could pull out a mat for him to play on.  I caught him at the last minute as he began to roll.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAlisonLynn:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

use your brain. these accidents should never happen. 

"i put my baby somewhere dangerous and turned my back!" = dumb.

13 galveston1

• imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imageAlisonLynn:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

None of us said we were perfect. When you are exhausted your brain doesn't work correctly. I made a mistake. Its not like we're trying to let our children fall.

• imageAlisonLynn:
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imageAlisonLynn:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

None of us said we were perfect. When you are exhausted your brain doesn't work correctly. I made a mistake. Its not like we're trying to let our children fall.

I posted in the wrong area...

here...

• imageAlisonLynn:
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imageAlisonLynn:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

then youd prevent it.

i could see if we are talking about a 10 month old who fought you on the changing table and rolled off a bit. or a 15 month old who was playing on the bed with you and took a step off the side. 

putting a young baby on a dangerous surface? nope. thats stupidity. and this thread is pathetic that everyone is trying to hug it out and make each other feel good about it.

13 galveston1

• imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imageAlisonLynn:
    imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imageAlisonLynn:

imagepunkfiction_v.3:

then youd prevent it.

i could see if we are talking about a 10 month old who fought you on the changing table and rolled off a bit. or a 15 month old who was playing on the bed with you and took a step off the side. 

putting a young baby on a dangerous surface? nope. thats stupidity. and this thread is pathetic that everyone is trying to hug it out and make each other feel good about it.

Well I guess I won't be winning a mother of the year award because my hormonal, exhausted brain made one tiny mistake by holding my child and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Things happen. My son's doctor said how his own child had a similar experience. I take it nothing has happened to your kids? I agree with not putting your child in danger. I would never leave my child on the changing table for example, especially now that he could have the tendency to roll off. Just because there is an accident doesn't make someone a bad mom.

• Yeah, accidents happen.  You fall asleep with the baby on your chest.  Guilty.  Luckily nothing happened. 

Putting your baby in a bouncy seat on the couch is just plain stupid

• imagerobinsokj:

Yeah, accidents happen.  You fall asleep with the baby on your chest.  Guilty.  Luckily nothing happened. 

agreed. there is a lot of stupid in this thread. the poster above is just taking it personally.

13 galveston1

• imagerobinsokj:

Yeah, accidents happen.  You fall asleep with the baby on your chest.  Guilty.  Luckily nothing happened. 

I agree. I still feel horrible that he fell off my chest. I learned my lesson, that is for sure.

• imagepunkfiction_v.3:
    imagerobinsokj:

agreed. there is a lot of stupid in this thread. the poster above is just taking it personally.

Sorry. I tend to do that. I will drop it. I just am still really affected by the fact that it happened so it gets to me.

• I will never forget one time at my ex's family's house for christmas....his brother was holding his brother's son (his own child) on his lap.  The baby was about 10mos old but not walking or anything yet. He was really strong and was bouncing on my ex's brother's lap.  One time he bounced too excitedly and the brother lost his grip and the baby fell backwards flat on his back on the hardwood floor.  It knocked the wind out of him so for a few agonizingly long seconds, the baby made no noise at all....then he started screaming.

The brother's wife freaked out...and the brother felt soooo bad....we were all really shook up. The baby was fine but I will never forget it....and I will never forget that it could happen to any of us.  It just sucked to witness it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"