3rd Trimester

forever 21 maternity?

so forever 21 has just made a maternity line. does that mean we are encouraging older women to dress young or are we now saying that its cool and fashionable for teenagers to get pregnant? just sayin im a little confused/

Re: forever 21 maternity?

• I occasionally shop at Forever 21 - because the stuff is pretty cheap! I'm 30...aren't I still young? LOL.  I'll have to check out this new maternity line. 

C is 3 years old

• oh dont get me wrong i do too! especially if i just a shirt or something cute for a night out. the maternity line tho is more expensive! it just seems we as a society are becoming so accepting to young girls having kids were almost accommodating.
  • Loading the player...
  • I still shop there, they have cute jeans and costume jewelry. My 43 yr old co-worker shops there still too. They have all types of styles, I like their Chic Modern clothes. 3 stories of clothes and they don't close until 10pm, I'm there for a while...
  • I have to agree with you...i mean the name of the store is forever 21....so isn't that celebrating being 21?  which is still like college age...granted not a teenager....but still rather young to be having  a maternity line i think.

not saying older people cant' shop there as well..just seems weird that there is a maternity line at a store celebrating being "forever 21"

1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • I shop there. I am young, married and pregnant. Just wish it had come out back in feb/march time when I started maternity clothes shopping. So no I dont think it is saying its ok for teens to be pregnant or anything but it is giving the ladies in their 20's a cute selection.

• I just peaked at the line.  The two dresses are pretty cute.  I might have to go buy one just so I have something else to wear to work!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i think "forever 21" is only the feeling they would like women to feel while wearing their clothing...as in "who wouldn't want to be 21 forever?". i don't think they are in any way condoning younger girls getting pregnant or anything stupid like that. obviously anyone of any age can find something there.

it's different when it's la senza girl (clearly aimed at very young girls) and they are selling thongs or something.

people get so worked up over the stupidest things.

• With all of the teen moms, I didnt put it past them
  • imagemonkeybelly:

I shop there. I am young, married and pregnant. Just wish it had come out back in feb/march time when I started maternity clothes shopping. So no I dont think it is saying its ok for teens to be pregnant or anything but it is giving the ladies in their 20's a cute selection.

This exactly!  Lots of women have children in their 20s and still like to look stylish.  I personally appreciate that a store with a cute, cheap selection of clothes now has a maternity line.  I gag at the clothes from Motherhood and Pea in a Pod.  IMO the more selection the better.

• imageJessicamz:
    imagemonkeybelly:

I shop there. I am young, married and pregnant. Just wish it had come out back in feb/march time when I started maternity clothes shopping. So no I dont think it is saying its ok for teens to be pregnant or anything but it is giving the ladies in their 20's a cute selection.

This exactly!  Lots of women have children in their 20s and still like to look stylish.  I personally appreciate that a store with a cute, cheap selection of clothes now has a maternity line.  I gag at the clothes from Motherhood and Pea in a Pod.  IMO the more selection the better.

Me too! I just ended up getting a bunch of tanks from Motherhood because everything else was so ugly.

Idk maybe its just a personal thing but it makes me really angry that a lot of people seem to think that its only appropriate to have babies in your late 20's or early 30"s.

• i actually think it's nice --if you can still fit into clothes at forever 21-- that there are cute maternity options that won't break the bank!

now this, i think, is sending the wrong message: https://www.maternitypromdresses.net/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ok just a recap! im not bashing forever 21 as a brand! i love them cus they are cute stylish and fair priced. but the market they generally are geared towards are young girls and my friend that is a manager there told me that she sees tons of young girls 16 and up asking about the maternity line constantly since its not available in stores yet! yes the dresses are cute and the other things are nice too but i think its sending an incorrect message to young girls who watch 16 and pregnant and decide it looks cool. i probably still dont make sense but eh what can ya do
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"