Babies: 3 - 6 Months

When does this get easier?

I keep hearing that at 3 months things get a little easier. It's been a tough day!! Especially after hearing from friends about babies they know that are soooo easy going and all they do is eat and sleep. Not sure if these are all still common for a 3 month old, but our baby still only sleeps 5 hours max in a row at night before needing to eat again, takes 30 min - 1 hour max naps (after a lot of calming down), eats every 2 hours, still has problems bf so I mostly pump & bottle feed, and cries a lot (although this has thankfully started to decrease). Sometimes I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing, and it worries me because I thought by the time she was 3 months I would feel like I have this more figured out! I am thankful she is a very alert & playful baby though! Anyone else feel this way or have a similar experience? Thanks :)

Re: When does this get easier?

• Adi was having similar problems. Was fussy a lot, didn't sleep long, pretty much the same as you are talking about. We found out that it was because of the pumping. When I pumped, I didn't get much hindmilk, so he was having a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance. As soon as we got that straightened out, he did a LOT better! It was so bad that at one point the pedi thought he had reflux. I also have an overactive letdown, which is why we had so many problems trying to BF. Now we BF almost all the time, rarely use a bottle, unless we go out. He still eats about every 2-3 hours during the day, but sleeps 4-8 hours at night. Hope this helps!!! Good luck, and hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Motherhood is so hard. Things didn't start to get easy for me until after DD turned 3 months. I don't know when exactly things got better but they did. Each day felt better and more manageable than the previous day and I actually started to enjoy things. Even when DD was still waking up every 2 hours at night, I was still loving motherhood. Things do get better; it's just a matter of surviving the days before it starts feeling better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Everyone told me that this would be over by three months - It wasn't.  It took us until about 4 1/2 months before I noticed a change in DS.

Hang in there.  It will get better. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you, ladies! It was a tough day can you tell?? ;)
  • I gotta say, it makes me feel better when I hear of other 3 months old not STTN... These 5h from 8h to 1h evry night and then every 3h make me want to not have another one!
  • I resent every single person who told us "things get soooo much easier at 3 months!" lol. Things got HARDER for us. Severin is finally STTN, for the most part, but he is not consistent in his naps during the day and is SO fussy. He cries a lot, too, and is very hard to console...

I have no advice, since we're kind of just going through this blindly ourselves... but good luck. I'm hoping things get easier at 6 months...? 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Wow you ladies make me feel better! Everyone said 3 months would be the magic turn around but it hasn't. I've seen small improvements but he is still quite the fussy one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegregNamanda:
    Wow you ladies make me feel better! Everyone said 3 months would be the magic turn around but it hasn't. I've seen small improvements but he is still quite the fussy one.
    This for me too! Maybe 4 months will be better:/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"