Toddlers: 24 Months+

Is this typical at Starbucks

I went with some girls to Starbucks today and I had my son with me.  Of all the days I didn't have my stroller with me but thought I could use a high chair for DS to sit in while we had our coffee and my local Star Bucks doesn't provide high chairs.  I had to leave because ds is a runner and I knew he wouldn't stay seated for very long.  This was the first time I went into a SB with DC so I was wondering is this normal for them?  I thought it was a bit odd for them not to have high chairs considering they had todler snacks at the register.

Re: Is this typical at Starbucks

• I don't think I've ever seen a highchair at a Starbucks. I've only taken DS into one once for an amount of time longer than just ordering and leaving and that location definitely didn't have highchairs. They're not a restaurant, though, so I didn't really expect them to have highchairs.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I guess I've never checked, but I wouldn't think they'd have any either. When I think about it, none of the coffee shops I've been to have them. DS always sits at the table or on the couch.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am addicted to Starbucks and go there frequently and I have never seen a high chair at any starbucks.  This is why I almost always use there drive-thrus because I have a runner as well. 

imageimageimageimage
  • they have 1 at the starbucks i go to. it is a dark wooden one.  the dunkin donuts have them too.
  • Well, it's not a restaurant, you're only supposed to be there for a few minutes to drink a cup of coffee, so I can't say that I'm surprised.
  • You could keep him in your stroller I suppose.
  • the starbucks in my areas have highchairs...its weird that they have toddler snacks and no toddler approperiate seating
  • I've never seen a high chair at a Starbucks. I usually bring books and coloring supplies for DD and we try to stake out a seat on one of the sofas or arm chairs near a big coffee table. DD sets up shop at the coffee table doing her thing and it usually goes pretty well.

Not being snarky, but I don't see the correlation between toddler snacks and high chairs? A snack isn't really a sit-down meal.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's 50-50 here.  Considering an overwhelming number of customers in the late mornings is moms (at least at our local one), I think it's silly.  The lack of a place to change the diaper in the bathroom is what pissed me off the most when #1  was a baby.  But, much to my annoyance when I was cool, young, single and needing caffeine for a hangover, moms and their toddlers and babies kept coming back! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Starbucks in my area usually have at least one highchair available. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a friend of mine actually works there and i asked her about it and she said none of there locations provide highchairs cuz its a coffee house and corpporate doesnt pay to provide them
  • Weird- my starbucks has quite a few high chairs and a huge kid friendly menu- lots of Annie's Snacks, fruit leather, squeezable apple sauce, etc. I feel like every Starbucks in my area has all these things.
  • Last time I took DC to Starbucks I had to change them on one of their lovely overstuffed chairs! They don't have changing tables in the bathrooms either!

• I've seen a few sbucks with high chairs but they don't have them standard - it is up to each manager and district manager.

every time i get one of their surveys on my receipt, i ask them to get a high chair for "my" store (the one we walk to often). 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageMrsGeek:
    Well, it's not a restaurant, you're only supposed to be there for a few minutes to drink a cup of coffee, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

This is silly.  They have tables and chairs there for a reason.  They do hope you will sit and stay (because then you will buy more). Moms meet up at Starbucks all the time and it would be smart of the business to cater to the moms' needs (i.e. high chairs to contain their little ones)!

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The Starbucks near where I work are always full of moms & their kids. I can't recall if I've ever seen a highchair though. usually strollers. Most moms have them because it's a metropolitan area. So lots of walking. I know Dunkin Donuts usually has them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • All of the Starbucks near us have high chairs.

ETA: They also have a variety of snacks and drinks for kids and play areas.

• The bucks near my house has one high chair last I checked.  The lack of changing tables was a bigger issue for me -- we had mom's group meetings there every week for months and every week one of the babies was getting changed on an overstuffed chair (with a changing pad of course!).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"