New to The Bump

I'm New and Need Advice!!

Hey everyone!!  I keep up with other people's posts, but I'm actually new to sharing my story.

My husband and I have been together almost 9 years, but married for 3 of those years.  We've talked about children and definitely want them, but we are kind of scared because of our situation.  I currently work under a grant that's based on year to year, so I'm scared to get pregnant and then lose my job.  My husband is at a pretty steady job, but he doesn't make as much money as I do, so I'm scared if I were to lose my job, he wouldn't be able to handle what comes with  having a child.

I've been diagnosed with PCOS, so that makes getting pregnant a little difficult.  I've been referred to a new Endocrinologist, so hopefully she can give use some hope, but who needs the hope if our situation won't change.  I get to the point where when I see other women pregnant, I think about myself wanting to be pregnant.  It's crazy, but it happens.

Let me know what you ladies think about my situation, and maybe someone here can shed some light on it.  Thanks ladies!!

Re: I'm New and Need Advice!!

• Welcome.  The book Taking Charge of your Fertility is a great resource.  So is Fertility Friend (click on my ticker).  The women on TTGP are full of information
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Why would you lose your job if you got pregnant?

Can you look into a more permanent position that avoids this situation?

Can you look into getting a grant that lasts longer than a year?

Can your DH look at higher paying jobs, promotions, or being a SAHD?

• Loading the player...
  • Do you think years from now you would regret not trying because you were scared? Lots of people might not be able to "handle it", but they knew they wanted children and tried for it. It's not easy, just worth it.
  • Thanks, I'll have to look into that book and that website.  That's exactly why I posted on here.  I know the ladies here have a lot of information, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they say.
  • I wouldn't loose my job, it just wouldn't cover me for being off.  The health insurance is great, but the time I would have to take off after having the baby scares me the most.  They won't pay for time off, and it's too late to add short term disability to my plans.  I have to wait until next March, which I would love to try before that.

I have been looking for a more permanent position.  I'll be glad when I can find one.  Living here in the part of Mississippi that I live in, there really aren't that many opinions, but I've been looking outside of the state.

My husband is looking for something else, but nothing seems to be coming through.  He did get a job offer this week, so we'll be going to visit them this weekend, so prayfully things will turn out great.

• I would regret it.  I think too much about the "what if's" and not about how things could be great with that new life. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"