1st Trimester

6.5 weeks in and exercise is a fantasy

And it's so hard to exercise.  I understand the importance of exercise, really, and I don't imagine it getting any easier to do, but when I have a free moment, and I'm not hugging the porcelain throne,  I'm so exhausted I want to catch a wink, not run a mile.  What are you all doing to make sure you get your exercise in?

Re: 6.5 weeks in and exercise is a fantasy

• It's a fantasy with me too, before the BFP I was working out twice a week, one day cardio and weights and the other day pilates.  been a couple months.  I'm doing good if i take the dog for a walk a couple times a week.  I figure i will get back into it when i feel better, hoping to get that energy back sooner than later
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • On the days when I get a walk in, I ended up going to bed so much earlier. It's almost hard to get other things done!
  • Loading the player...
  • Walking was the best form of exercise I could manage during my pregnancy.  I told myself I was going to take up swimming, but that never happened. 

Just do your best to stay in shape, but remember to cut yourself some slack too.  Pregnancy is hard work in itself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• I just took a 7 week break from exercise. I occasionally would walk, but mostly I was sick or exhausted, so I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I just started up water aerobics again last week and that's still all I can handle so far. It was a particularly hard class tonight and I'm having trouble staying awake at 9 pm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm forcing myself to go to Curves at least twice a week. I know I'm not working out as hard, but it's still helping keep all my muscles in shape. And miraculously, while I'm working out, I don't feel the m/s (just the exhaustion).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't beat yourself up about it. The fatigue will end soon!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • tmm140tmm140 member
    I feel the exact same way.  I worked out 6 days a week before.  But now I am working outside from 8-6 and I am walking all the time.  I have no time OR energy to go to the gym.  The minute I start my regular teaching job, I am going to go back to the gym 5 days a week and hopefully boost my energy.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm just walking in the afternoons.  It's my DS crabby time, and it keeps him from whining / throwing tantrums.  That's my incentive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try just going for a walk - the fresh air can help with m/s and the mild exercise can help with fatigue.  It really does make a difference to stay active during pregnancy!

You will probably also find it easier to get going again in a few weeks - just try to keep something going until then so you don't lose the motivation to exercise ;-)

• I've really been slacking on the gym this week for other reasons than fatigue but my fatigue is definitely part of it.  I'm hoping that next week I'll have better luck, lol.  I think you will find it a lot easier to get your exercise in once you're past all the junk that comes with first tri.  You'll start feeling so much better, like your old self again, later on.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • I have been walking the dogs with DH. Yesterday was went out for about 45 minutes- I was DONE at the end. I'm just doing as much as I can, and trying to remind myself that my body is growing a baby and that's a pretty huge job in itself, so if I don't walk everyday I'm probably OK
  • I'm 4w2d and bed is my best friend, but I'm also spotting so I worry about exercise. I see the dr monday, but I've been so worried and exhausted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"