Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Colorado Personhood Act...

This should be fun. I am addressing this here so everyone can state their say. It is amazing to see how strongly one can feel either way. So take a peek at these links and let me know what you think.

The jist? Colorado wants to declare personhood at the time of conception. There are so many examples, I don't have time to list them here. I just thought this might be a fun topic to put out there. One of the links references North Dakota trying to do the same thing. Two years ago, Colorado did not pass it and it is on the ballot again this year.

My opinion (which y'all can flame, no hard feelings) is that I do not and will not be voting for this amendment to pass. Taking away the right for a woman to make a choice (among other issues--abortion is NOT the only thing this personhood act would affect...) is just not right in my mind. HOWEVER, I am prolife. There. Annnndd GO! Big Smile

Clicky

Clicky

Re: Colorado Personhood Act...

• I am staunchly pro choice and believe that as a woman the government has no say in my right to choose.

That said, I find this amendment archaic and barbaric. Aside from abortion, it also affects in vitro fertilization and stem cell research. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The government can stay out of my uterus thankyouverymuch.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejacodi:
    The government can stay out of my uterus thankyouverymuch.

I feel the same! I wonder if they would investigate women who had miscarriages. 

• I am 100% pro-life BUT I am also 100% pro-choice. I believe every woman has a right to do as she pleases to her body. Although I believe a baby is human from the second they conceive, there are certain circumstances that I think they should consider. Like rape, incest, things along those lines. By having children in those situation, it could mentally harm the person more than if she aborted the child. That's just my opinion. I think the government already has enough control over the people. It seems like they are trying to get a hold on the people individually. And why give people rights if you are going to amend them pretty much taking the rights away. Its like saying "here you go, have a cookie. Oh, but you can't eat it." Do we really have any rights anymore?
  • imagejacodi:
    The government can stay out of my uterus thankyouverymuch.

This. This is act unconstitutional.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Eh. Colorado is full of crazies, but thankfully they are out-numbered by rational folks.  This has been attempted before and failed; I expect it to fail again.

Don't forget that Colorado is home to Focus on the Family and all the other mega-churches. 

Anything you can achieve through hard work, you could also just buy.
  • imagejoshandash06:
    I am 100% pro-life BUT I am also 100% pro-choice. I believe every woman has a right to do as she pleases to her body. Although I believe a baby is human from the second they conceive, there are certain circumstances that I think they should consider. Like rape, incest, things along those lines. By having children in those situation, it could mentally harm the person more than if she aborted the child. That's just my opinion. I think the government already has enough control over the people. It seems like they are trying to get a hold on the people individually. And why give people rights if you are going to amend them pretty much taking the rights away. Its like saying "here you go, have a cookie. Oh, but you can't eat it." Do we really have any rights anymore?

If you only belive in abortion when the mother is raped or in cases of incest then you are not 100% pro choice. 

• imageyankeebaby2:

imagejoshandash06:
    I am 100% pro-life BUT I am also 100% pro-choice. I believe every woman has a right to do as she pleases to her body. Although I believe a baby is human from the second they conceive, there are certain circumstances that I think they should consider. Like rape, incest, things along those lines. By having children in those situation, it could mentally harm the person more than if she aborted the child. That's just my opinion. I think the government already has enough control over the people. It seems like they are trying to get a hold on the people individually. And why give people rights if you are going to amend them pretty much taking the rights away. Its like saying "here you go, have a cookie. Oh, but you can't eat it." Do we really have any rights anymore?

If you only belive in abortion when the mother is raped or in cases of incest then you are not 100% pro choice. 

Actually, if you want to get technical, she states that women should do as they please with their bodies. What she is not 100% about is that a baby is human from conception, because if it is rape or incest then the baby is evidently not a human from conception. Only under ideal circumstances.

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagejilicious:
    imageyankeebaby2:

imagejoshandash06:

Actually, if you want to get technical, she states that women should do as they please with their bodies. What she is not 100% about is that a baby is human from conception, because if it is rape or incest then the baby is evidently not a human from conception. Only under ideal circumstances.

You're right.  The contradiction was she was 100% pro choice and 100% prolife.  I gues she is trying to say she wouldn't do it but supports other who do?

• imageMrsAxilla:

Eh. Colorado is full of crazies, but thankfully they are out-numbered by rational folks.  This has been attempted before and failed; I expect it to fail again.

Don't forget that Colorado is home to Focus on the Family and all the other mega-churches. 

I completely agree! It's a little bit sobering (and terrifying) to realize this could pass in our state.
  • imageswimbikepuke:

I think anyone with anything even approaching a working knowledge of the Constitution would have to think that is a terrible, terrible idea.  Respect for life aside, zygotes should not have Constitutional rights.  It's untenable. 

I have a good working knowledge of the consitution and it clearly states that all people are created equal.  The unborn are the only ones among us who are innocent (well except for the whole origianl sin thing but baptism will wash the sin right out of that baby)

The unborn are innocent and have no legal representationa and need our help to save them!!!

• imageswimbikepuke:

a

Is this Alice or Tara?

• imageMrsAxilla:

Eh. Colorado is full of crazies, but thankfully they are out-numbered by rational folks.  This has been attempted before and failed; I expect it to fail again.

I belong to Focus on the Family and I am completely rational. 

• imageyankeebaby2:
    imagejilicious:
    imageyankeebaby2:

imagejoshandash06:

You're right.  The contradiction was she was 100% pro choice and 100% prolife.  I gues she is trying to say she wouldn't do it but supports other who do?

Sorry for the confusion. I would never have  an abortion. But I support women who choose to. I said that the government, all the people trying to outlaw abortion should consider cases like rape and incest when they make their decision. I believe regardless of any womans reasoning it is their choice. I just put those two situations in there to say that they need to think about all situations before jumping. Do you understand where I am coming from? 

• imagesnacksnick:
    imageMrsAxilla:

Ah!  Then you're against the amendment!

Anything you can achieve through hard work, you could also just buy.
  • I don't think I personally could have an abortion, but that doesn't mean that I think other people shouldn't have a right to. I do think that a child should have rights when they are able to live outside of the mother though, but from conception is a slippery slope.
  • CTri17CTri17 member
    imagesnacksnick:
    imageMrsAxilla:

'

somehow I think that now you are going to make people that listen to Focus on the Family seem like complete idiots (which many are not)

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"