TTC After a Loss

early m/c's

I have noticed that a lot of the m/c's are from 5 weeks-8 weeks or so. What are the symptoms of those m/c's??...bleeding/spotting or bad betas or something else? Were your betas good and sill m/cd? My m/c was not until 10 weeks because of a bad u/s so I am just curious. I wish we could just skip to the 2nd tri!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: early m/c's

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it all depends.  I had a missed miscarriage, discovered at 9w5day, baby measured 7 weeks.  I saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, and when I went in for the next appt around 10 weeks, had no idea anything was wrong until the ultrasound showed that the growth stopped and the hb was gone.  In hindsight, I could say that certain symptoms declined, but I had always heard that symptoms come and go and that can be normal. 

Edit: I just noticed your ticker, congratulations!  H&H 9 months.

• At 8 weeks I started having contractions that was like waves coming up on my every 1-2 minutes.  I started bleeding and passing clots.  One I got to the hospital and had an internal ultrasound, I couldn't stop bleeding and I was admitted.  I had my D&C then.  I had been bleeding the two weeks before and the Dr. told me it could have been from the internal ultrasound.  I think it was just the beginnings of the M/C. It sucked.

• Loading the player...
  • My loss was a 5w3d, so I hadn't even been to the doc for an ultrasound yet.

Mine was pretty much like a late period.  I had some light spotting which increased to heavy spotting which increased to bleeding.  I had bad cramps when I passed the sac and normal to heavy AF cramps the rest of the time.

I saw the doctor the morning after I passed the sac.  She did an ultrasound to verify that it was not an ectopic and that all the tissue was out.  She found the spot she believed had been the implantation site as well.  I had blood drawn for betas about weekly until my hcg level dropped back to zero.

Skipping ahead would be nice, but then you would miss out on the joy of morning sickness.  What fun would that be? (Yes, I am kidding!)

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Congrats on your pregnancy!  My m/c was a missed m/ca at 8 weeks, but the baby stopped growing at 6weeks 3 days.  I had all the nmormal pregnancy symptoms.  I did have light spotting on week 6, but the dr checked me and everything was fine.  She thinks the baby stopped growing the day of my appointment or the next day.  Really there are no guarantees, so you should try to not worry and take it 1 day at a time.  H&H 9 months to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker First missed m/c = 1/30/08 Second missed m/c = 4/22/09 CJ born = 4/29/10 Courtney born = 7/22/11
  • I started out with very light brown spotting...it went on for about a day, then stopped, and came up again the next day with bright red/dark brown spotting. I spotted for about a week and a half, and then I started to see some bits of flesh (yes, gross). I went in for 3 u/s (in which the sac was empty all 3 times) and had betas taken. My betas started out at 571 and got no higher than 2800. So it was a mixture of u/s and betas that led them to believe my pregnancy was not viable. The symptoms themselves were MY first sign, but I would say I went through about 3 weeks of testing before they would definitely say I was going to m/c.

• It really varies between women and even between pregnancies.  I had 0 problems with my first pregnancy and just started bleeding heavily one day.  My second pregnancy, I spotted the whole time.  The third pregnancy, we saw a growing baby and heartbeat, then a few weeks later checked again and the baby had stopped growing.  And my beta's were fine in the last two pregnancies. 

Are you have problems?  I hope everything works out for you. 

7 mm/c
    APS, hetero factor v leiden & MTHFR
    bfp #1 - 12.11.07, edd 8.14.08, mm/c 1.21.08 (10w4d)
    bfp #2 - 4.4.08, edd 12.3.08, mm/c 5.14.08 (11w)
    bfp #3 - 8.3.08, edd 4.15.09, mm/c 9.17.08 (10w)
    bfp #4 - 1.15.09, edd 9.26.09, mm/c 2.16.09 (8w2d)
    bfp #5 - 6.16.09, edd 2.25.10, mm/c 7.23.09 (9w)
    bfp #6 - 8.12.10, edd 4.27.11, mm/c 9.16.10 (8w1d)
    one more try -> bfp #7 - 2.11, our miracle baby boy arrived 10.11
    ttc again -> bfp #8 - 5.3.13, edd 1.13.14, mm/c 5.30.13 (7w3d)
    bfp #9 - 9.23.13, our miracle baby girl arrived 5.29.14

• I know what you mean about wanting to skip to the 2nd trimester!! 

I m/c'd twice and both times, they started the same way.  I started spotting, just brown at first, for several days.  My doctor kept telling me not to worry since it was just brown.  It then turned red and within 24 hours was like I had my period.  With my first m/c, I didn't have any cramping, I was a little over 5w.  With  my second, I was almost 10w and I had the worst cramping.  It was so horrible.  I had actually had an u/s with my second PG at about 7w.  Seeing and hearing the h/b and then losing the baby a couple weeks later was devestating.

:::Sending LOTS of sticky dust your way:::

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My m/c was at 12 weeks. I had no problems, no cramps, and no spotting.  This was discovered when I went in for my 12 week ultrasound. To say the least very shocked, as I was looking forward to 2nd tri. 

• I m/c at 6 weeks.  I had spotted from three days after my missed period, but had heard spotting wasn't out of the ordinary.  Then after about 8 days, it switched from light pinkish spotting to light bleeding and I just felt something wasn't right.  I went in and the numbers were a bit low, but dr thought maybe we were just a week off with the age.  Bleeding got worse and I started to see clotting, which increased after about four days.  I knew I was m/c, but went in to get results from latest lab.  Numbers had dropped.  That was last Tuesday.  I'm just now starting to quit with the bleeding.  I never really had any cramping per se, but did experience a bit of discomfort I can only describe as being about what I have when I ovulate sometimes.  I sincerely hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy and don't see any of the symptoms we've shared.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"