Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Who's wearing a bikini this summer?

Just curious who's wearing a bikini this summer after having LO? I'm going on vacation next month and don't know if I'll have the courage to wear my bikini in public!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who's wearing a bikini this summer?

• No way!  Hopefully by next summer, though.  I'm going to really work at it!

image image
  • bb80bb80 member

bahahahahahaahahahahahahaha, good one

oh wait, you're serious

• Loading the player...
  • I dont think i EVER will with these stretch marks...
  • I did on vacation... once. I went on the beach and saw all the other girls with their tight skin and I had a huge complex about it till we got back the beach house. I even asked my husband if I was one of those girls who shouldn't be wearing a bikini.

If you don't compare yourself to how you used to look and others around you then you should be fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

• Not a chance!!
  • Oh..nooooo.

Maybe next summer.  

• *raises hand* me me!!

If I am anywhere with my kids in a bikini then people staring at me know I have 2 kids. I'm not ashamed of my stretch marks at all!

• I am. My feeling is there will always be that person at the beach in a bikini that is two sizes too small walking around like she's all that so why can't I?
  • Does a tankini count?  I have to buy two piece suits because of my body type - I can never find a one piece that looks right on me (that doesn't also look like it should be worn by my grandma instead of me).  But I am in NO hurry to show my stomach to the world.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Well at least I'm not the only one feeling uncomfortable in my bikini LOL! I know I would compare myself to every skinny twenty year old girl I saw & would probably drive my husband crazy asking him if I looked okay! I think I'll go shopping for a one piece or a tankini with a nice big sarong!
  • ME! Big Smile

The only reason why I probably shouldn't wear my pre-pregnancy bikini is because it falls off my disappearing butt. I do have stretchies on my side, but I couldn't care less. 

• I do whenever I actually get a chance to go out by the pool.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually bought a fairly cute tankini from old navy and haven't had the opportunity to wear it.  I'm not happy with my body right now, but I'm MORE not happy with the fact that I don't have a tan line for the first time since I was about 9.  I didn't realize how ghostly white I actually am...
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Not I! I bought my first one-piece ever this summer!

My bods back to normal... If it wasn't for my ever-so-dark-STILL linea negra I'd be in a bikini for sure!

High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Good point! I also agree with the poster who said when she's with her kids everyone knows she has children, I wish I wasn't so worried about what others think!
  • I haven't worn a bikini since Clinton's first term.

• imageelissa808:
    I dont think i EVER will with these stretch marks...

Ditto, I've never seen stretchmarks as bad as mine.  They're horrible. 

However, I haven't worn a bikini in years, even when I looked good.  Just NMS anymore.  I do like a nice tankini though.

• I'm back to my pre preg size already but my stretchies are DARK and they cover my belly so nope. Though I must admit I bough a really cute one piece and it tried it on for DH and he got a huge smile so I still feel good!
  • It's been more than 10 years since I've sported a bikini.  (Other than trying it on in my bedroom and throwing it back in the closet.)  Tankinis all the way for me.
    Bianca image.
  • Not this summer! I don't really care what other people think, I am not happy with how I look. I still have 20 lbs to go, plus I want to give the stretch marks a while longer to fade.
  • imageroxstarrgirl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one.

Yeah, I'm never wearing one ever again.

THIS!  My tummy is a hot mess now.  Give me ten years, after my tummy tuck and then we will see....

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenorman25:

ME! Big Smile

The only reason why I probably shouldn't wear my pre-pregnancy bikini is because it falls off my disappearing butt. I do have stretchies on my side, but I couldn't care less. 

I think I hate you.  Wink

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Helllll no. My tankini and I have become the best of friends, and it's going to stay that way. (Unless these stretchies decide to leave)
  • i wore one back in june on our family beach trip. i kind of regret it now that i look at the pictures but i was too cheap to buy a new swimsuit

• imagenorman25:

ME! Big Smile

i have the complete opposite problem. my butt is HUGE after having DD!

• I wouldn't before, but after some of the attire I saw while I was on vacation, I think pretty much anything goes and wouldn't worry too much about it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • me!

i went on vacation in april when dd was 2 months so i had to get a new one though. going to visit my fam in tx this weekend and will be wearing my old one to hang out by the pool. can't wait to go swimming!!! :-)

• imageelissa808:

Ditto!

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• I worked my butt off for 2 months in the gym so I could wear mine... i'm smaller than my pre-preg weight now. I just got my white bikini in the mail from Victoria's Secret :) so excited to wear it!

• I did about a month ago. Luckily I don't have any stretch marks and the weight gain was mostly in my hips!
  • MFalorMFalor member
    Not me.  I actually prefer the way one-pieces look.  Especially now that I'm not a college kid anymore, I feel like it's more classy.  But to each her own!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageelissa808:

Agreed x1,000,000

• Embarrassed Hopefully next summer. NOT this year.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Bwahaha...snort...haha- wait...you're serious? BWAHAHA
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • I am...but I am also wearing a tank-ini as well, just depends on my mood. I am pretty much at pre-pg weight, lighter than the heaviest I've been before baby and my husband thinks I look great in my bikini so that's all I need :)
  • Me! I wore one for the 1st time last week and would have even sooner had I had the opportunity. I still have my linea negra, but it's fading and doesn't bother me that much. Only real problem is my boobs not fitting in the tops of my bikinis so well anymore.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am and I got a HUGE boost when I wore it to the beach the first time! I had these skinny little teenagers that came up to me and asked how old DS was and when I told them 3 mo they came back with " d@mn I hope I can look as good as you after I have kids!" I haven't been self conscious since then!
  • i already have. i think the first time i busted it out this summer in front of other people besides dh was 4th of july. i think i look pretty good w/8.2 lbs to go to get to PP weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  •  

I wore a bikini 2 months after having DD.  Was I super thrilled with my body? No way.  But was I going to let it stop me from hanging out by the pool while on vaction? HECK NO!! I was a little self conscious yes but hey, I just had a baby so who cares.  There will always be someone skinnier than you, you just have to learn to be happy with your body.  Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"