3rd Trimester

Have the Witch Hazel, have pads...now what?

I have heard it's great to freeze witch hazel onto pads. How do you do this? Do you leave the pad in the wrapper or what? I know this might sound stupid. Do I just freeze the pad and put witch hazel on the pad when I am about to use it? What are you doing? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Have the Witch Hazel, have pads...now what?

• This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I used witch hazel pads (like Tucks) and lined them in my pads.  It's bulky, but it feels great in the first couple weeks pp.  The witch hazel pads are cool naturally and are just very soothing.  :)
    imageimageimage
  • imagehewinked:
    This doesn't exactly answer your question, but I used witch hazel pads (like Tucks) and lined them in my pads.  It's bulky, but it feels great in the first couple weeks pp.  The witch hazel pads are cool naturally and are just very soothing.  :)

This is what I have. I plan on putting the tucks in the freezer ( individually in ziploc baggies ) and when I need to change my pad ill run to the freezer and pull one out.

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd soak the pads in the witch hazel and keep them in the fridge until needed. Freezing them would result in a block o' witch hazel pads I'd imagine.   Ditto PP who recommended lining your post partum pads with them - heavenly.
  • When I had DD the hospital actually gave me a pack of tucks along with this foaming stuff that I can't think of the name of.  Ask for it once you have the baby and stock up for home.
  • My Bradley instructor told us to make "peri popsicles" by unfolding a pad (leaving the backing & wrapper on) and pouring 1/3 cup of water across the pad.  If you leave the wrapper inbetween each pad you should be able to stack and freeze them.  When the time comes line the frozen pad with Tucks and wear around the house.  (Obviously you want something between you and the frozen pad to prevent your sensitive parts from getting stuck).
  • There's a brand of pads with witch hazel in them that are freezable, I just bought some at CVS.  They're called Cryo-STAT and come in a package of 6 freezable pads. 
    Lilypie - (YBLf)

Lilypie - (Cfah)
    image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"Lilypie">image"">
  • Freezing would be a little too cold.  Keeping them in the fridge would be fine.  I didn't do either and they still felt cool and brought a lot of relief.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"