1st Trimester

Did you KNOW?

Did you know?  People say they just "knew" they were pregnant before it was confirmed.

Did you?

It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Did you KNOW?

• Heck no - I had no idea.  I had to rub my eyes to believe the second line was there.  We were planning to try in Oct. and anticipated fertility issues so it was a pleasant surprise!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • vflipovflipo member
    Nope. Okay, yes.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Loading the player...
  • No.  Felt like AF was on the way.  Was actually convinced she was.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • With Aidan I had no clue. I told MH that we were out that cycle. With this one, yes I did. I felt the same way I did earlier on with Aidan when I was about 10dpo. I kept testing negative though until 15dpo.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • No.

I was charting and knew we had great timing and that I actually ovulated but I still thought that the cycle was a bust. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No, not at all.  I wasn't even going to test but figured I would since it was Father's day.  I got my BFP at like 9 or 10 dpo though so I don't think there's much to know at that point.
  • tmm140tmm140 member
    I thought it was a joke--but then I snapped back with reality and realized it's not like that is a joke pregnancy test.  I especially didn't know since DH had def. not been that active in the bedroom that month.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• are you kidding?  We TTC'd forever last time - even took 5 IUI's with injectible drugs before it worked.

I never in a million years would have thought I was pg without trying.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Nope, I knew for sure that I was getting AF. I have fertility problems and we had only tried for 4 months, so I tested as a joke. I was so happy and shocked that I didn't believe the BFP, I burst into tears too!
    Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
  • I definitly suspected.  When I tested I expected a positive.  This is mainly due to the fact that I had a major indigestion attack about 2 nights before I should have gotten my period.  I have never had indigestion like that which is what made me suspect. 
  • No. I thought AF was coming for sure.
  • Strangely, I think I did know. A couple days after I found out we had good timing I was super turned on by DH thinking that we had made a baby together. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely not. I was actually sure I was NOT pregnant. I POAS on a whim when I noticed a ridiculous amount of CM (I know, not a symptom, but different for me in the 2ww). I was absolutely floored when a faint line came up on the IC test. I was frantic running around my house trying to get myself together to go to Walgreens and buy FRERs and Digis lol!

ETA: Out of all 10 cycles, this cycle we had the worst timing of any cycle, and my spotting started at only 4 or 5dpo. (The spotting has since gone away.)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Kind of, but it was impossible to unravel those feelings from the hope that we were pregnant and the pessimism that it couldn't be. Actually, about a week before my BFP, I was trying out hypnosis and at one point deep into it, the counselor told me to envision myself in the place she had been describing, and the image I saw was myself very pregnant. I just couldn't envision myself any other way. It definitely could have been just wishful thinking, but it was a really beautiful thing to see that day.
  • Yep, I totally knew.  I took 3 tests that were negative over the course of a week before the 4th came back positive. 

My skin seems to break out IMMEDIATELY once that egg is fertilized.  That's how I knew.  Same thing all 3 times.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope! I swore I was out this month after a big temp drop. I had no idea at all with DS either and didn't actually find out until I was about 6 weeks along.
  • No, I did not know.  I had been so disappointed for so many cycles in the past, with phantom symptoms in almost every one, so I didn't want to get my hopes up again.  Especially when it was the last medicated cycle before we were going to go on a medication break.  I was getting ready to try not to cry again when the faint 2nd line started to come out.  Thank God!
  • I didn't "know", but a co-worker did.  She said I was pregnant within a week of when I probably ovulated.  I waited until day 24 of my cycle and got a clear as day line.  She always "knows" when someone is pregnant. 
  • I knew with my first pregnancy.  This time, I was shocked to see the line appear.  

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNavyGMWife:
    No.  Felt like AF was on the way.  Was actually convinced she was.

Me too

• I actually did! I always thought I'd be one of those women who didn't know until a good ways in, so I got iPeriod on my iphone and went to town tracking. The hubby and I took a "if it happens, it happens" approach to it and avoided what iPeriod said were my "fertile" days. Well, I spotted about a week before my period and thought maybe it was coming early. A few days later I told myself I was silly because not only had I not gotten my period but I was extremely regular for 4 months beforehand. Then, 3 days before my period I had light fluttery cramps and I waited for my normal "spotting" to begin. The next day I texted my sister and bestfriend to tell them that I was certain I was pregnant. The light fluttery cramps had continued and I'd never felt them before! My cramps were always hard and terrible. I test the next day (Father's Day) late at night and BFP!
  • My rational mind said no way because my period had been jacked up the month before.  I did comment to DH the day before I tested "I'm either sick or pregnant."  I didn't actually think I was pregnant though.
  • I knew when I was three days late and puked each morning.
  • I did. This was the first month EVER that DH weren't consistently using BC. I had been off the pill for a year, and we'd been using condoms. But we knew we were going to start TTC soon so I guess we just got kind of lazy about birth control... I actually was charting and I thought we were avoiding the most fertile time, but obviously not...

I think pretty much right after conception I had breast soreness and weird twinges in my abdomen. I always get sore boobs before AF but it felt different... more sore than usually. The twinges felt like cramps but they would come and go. The first few days I had those symptoms I thought AF was on its way, but after awhile when it didn't show, I had my suspicions. 

I didn't test until 17 dpo but yeah, I totally knew it would be positive. 

• yes.  with dd i was on the pill (yay statistics!) and once i started the placebo pills and didn't get AF, i knew.  with this one we were charting to avoid and i'm extremely regular and a fertile myrtle.  i knew, but waiting a week after AF was supposed to show before i tested.  

• imageBeccaboo0713:

No.

I was charting and knew we had great timing and that I actually ovulated but I still thought that the cycle was a bust. 

This. I thought we were out because i didn't 'feel' anything!

Keeping my fingers crossed for my BFP Buddy STL34!!! CafeMom Tickers
  • With the first 3 (DD and m/c's), but I did with the last 3.  I've also successfully predicted the gender each time.  My reputation is on the line to predict this one too.  Wink
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • ccmmkkccmmkk member

I didn't know.

Took 3 years with our son, so I wasn't expecting to get pregnant very easily. I was wrong, and am so glad I was!

• not this time.  with my DS i did, but maybe i just didn't give myself enough time with this one.  i wanted to test before my DH left the country and i got a BFP, but very early.  it's been a few days and now i'm feeling very exhausted and HUNGRY!
  • skioskio member

Hell no. Biggest shock of my life. The only reason I took a test is because I was planning on being way drunk for the entire weekend at a family wedding.

DH, however, had a hunch. He's the one who convinced me I should test before the weekend.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • No - I thought our timing was HORRIBLE. I was just waiting for AF so that we could try again. But then I never started my period... ;)
  • No.
    dx'd with severe endo and poor egg quality 3 IUIs were all BFN IVF #1 = c/p IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = beautiful baby girl born 2/2011; 8/2011 Surprise BFP - natural m/c at 8w; TTC #2 2011-2012; 2 IUIs = BFN; IVF #1 = BFP 9dp5dt beta = 328; 11dp5dt = 650; 13dp5dt = 1114; 18dp5dt = 4747 BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a feeling that I was or was going to be, just a few days after I ovulated. Even though we didn't time things perfectly something felt different early on. I had breast soreness, and was really tired. at 12dpo my test was negative and I always have luteal phase spotting and AF on 10dpo, but not this time at all. I held out from 12dpo to 16dpo before testing again and it was positive. but the whole time I just knew I was  
  • We were in our 2nd month trying and I was hoping but definitely didn't know. I was really surprised when I got my BFP.
  • With my first I totally did, but with this one I had no idea!  It was so strange for me because normally I'm not like that at all.  I also had really strong intuition early on that DS would be a boy.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I told my husband I was pregnant before taking a test. I could tell because of my boobs. They were so swollen. Took the test to confirm it for him but I just knew already.
  • With DS I knew, and I figure if i wasn't on these websites psyching myself out, i would felt it with this one too, but i started psyching myself out thinking AF was on her way. BUT I think i knew
  • ::lurking::

I thought I was because something was just different, but had taken a test and it was negative. Now I know I took the test to early. I was pg.

• I did.  And it's the craziest thing.  I had no symptoms other than having complete baby brain.  I was forgetting and doing the stupidest things.  I stopped at the store 9DPO just on a hunch, knowing that even if I was pregnant I'd get a BFN at that point, but my line was as dark as it was with the 14DPO test I took with DS.  I just had a feeling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Yes, with both, which is why I test way early with both.  I pretty much knew as soon as it happened I just had to wait long enough for it to show up on a test. We werent trying, not charting or anything.  Just sex and oh honey we just made a baby.  DH knew this time as well, the next morning he said "Oh ***, your pregnant again".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"