Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If you pump with a double pump..

How long do you pump for and how much do you get?  also what kind of pump do you have?

Re: If you pump with a double pump..

• I've never timed, but my usual pumping session results in around 5 oz from both breasts. I have a Medela Lactina Electric Plus (it's on loan from WIC)
  • I have a Medela Pump in Style, and I usually pump for 8-10 minutes.

I go less on time, and more on how strong of a flow i'm getting. Using breast compressions while pumping helps me get more milk than just pumping alone... I can usually get 3-4 oz per breast.

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't timed my sessions but they're probably around 10-15 minutes.  I pump 30 minutes to an hour after LO eats and get a total of 6 oz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It really depends - I just started so i'm not getting much at all. I pumped after nursing last night and got 3oz so i was happy about that.  I'm trying to pump 2x a day to inc my supply.  I don't pump instead of nurse - I'd imagine you'd get a lot more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I usually pump for about 10 mins.  When I pump in the morning after feeding LO, I get about 8-9oz total.  When I pump in the afternoon I get about 4-6oz just depending on wether nurse LO first or if DH is giving LO a bottle and I pump to make up for the feeding. 
  • I pump twice a day, once in the morning after LO's morning feeding and then again at night before bed.  I will also pump during the day if we replace nursing with a bottle of breastmilk.  I use the Pump in Style by Medela.  I don't time my sessions but my guess is that it's typically about 10 minutes, I just pay more attention to my flow and stop based on that.  In the morning I typically get about 8-9 ounces and at night or other times it's about 4-6 ounces.
  • augs06augs06 member
    Medela PISA.  I usually pump for 10-15min and get 3-4oz per side.
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Medela Freestyle. 15 mins and get 3 from my lazy left bewb and 4 to 5 from my right superboob
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • I would just like to know how women pump both at the same time. When I have tried it one tube always falls off, so I only do one breast at a time. I feel it is less messy that way. I pump three times a day. When I get up in the morning, when I get home from work, and before I go to bed. I usually get about 8-10 oz from my left breast and about 3-6 oz from my right. I am so tired right now that I can not for the life of me remember the name of my pump.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"