Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Your Favorite Song to Sing to LO

Share your favorite song to sing to baby! 

I love Edwin McCain's I'll Be...the song we first danced to at our wedding.

Re: Your Favorite Song to Sing to LO

• BFab11BFab11 member
    A lot of the time I'll sing the ABC's and sign along with them, and LO watches my hands. Or I'll sing whatever is stuck in my head at the time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine really loves "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" from Oklahoma!, "Bushel And A Peck", and "The Way You Look Tonight". We sing other songs too but those are the ones she seems to react to the most.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.)Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac but I change the name to Emily. 

2.) Baby Blue by George Straight

3.) Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton 

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• I Love singing him showtunes - a version of Good Morning from Singing in the Rain, and I sing Edelweiss and How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria from the Sound of Music.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • abb08abb08 member

imagenicobean1:
    I Love singing him showtunes - a version of Good Morning from Singing in the Rain, and I sing Edelweiss and How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria from the Sound of Music.

HA!  I have sung all three of these songs to DS within the last few days!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • jess60jess60 member

imageBFab11:
    A lot of the time I'll sing the ABC's and sign along with them, and LO watches my hands. Or I'll sing whatever is stuck in my head at the time.

I did this the other day!

DS seems to really like "Hush Little Baby".  It's the first song that came to mind while I was trying to settle him down & was bouncing/burping him last week. It worked so I've stuck with it.  I didn't remember all the verses & had to Google though.

• You are my Sunshine.  2nd verse made me cry when I was loaded up on pp hormones.  Here Comes my Baby also made me cry.  Welcome to this World, too.  Guess I cry a lot here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I sing a lot of Beatles:

Here Comes the Sun

All My Loving

She Loves You

Also- when I try to count to her, I end up singing either "One, singular sensation, every little step she takeeesss"  or "One two three four, come on baby say you love me, five six seven timesss."  A Chorus Line and Gloria Estefan.. interestingg

• g really likes hip-hop. i really can't explain it. so, we sing lots of atmosphere and brother ali :)
  • imagemrsfirefly:
    You are my Sunshine.  2nd verse made me cry when I was loaded up on pp hormones.  Here Comes my Baby also made me cry.  Welcome to this World, too.  Guess I cry a lot here.

You are my sunshine makes me cry too!  LO also likes it when we sing All I Want to Do and Just Might Make Me Believe by Sugarland.

• He likes The Beatles, too.  He calms down when I sing Golden Slumbers and when H and I sing him Hey Jude.
    Write Your Own Caption Here
  • One Little Star from Follow That Bird, A Whole New World, Tale As Old As Time (Beauty and the Beast).  Don't Stop Believing and Carry On My Wayward Son are two of her favorites to listen to while I sing along during the day.  She pretty much "sings" along to anything.  Same when I read to her, she talks the whole time lol.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I sing Baby Mine from the movie Dumbo, You are my Sunshine, Jesus Loves Me, and various popular songs. I remember a bunch of Disney songs from when my first dd was little so I sing those as well.
  • Songs that I sang in elementary school in our choir:

You've got a friend

Just one person (Kermit sings a great version of it!)

Lean on me

Point of Light

Wind Beneath My Wings

He also really enjoys jazz music. He came out with the jazz station playing and now whenever I turn some on he gets so relaxed and mellow, especially if it is a song I listened to a lot while he was in the womb!

• Twinkle, twinkle, The Wheels on the Bus, ABC's, Mary Had a little Lamb

I sing fairly traditional nursery rhymes and kids songs (I'm a kindergarten teacher). 

• Redemption Song by Bob Marley

Your Song by Elton John

Fast Jabroni by Surfer Blood (I don't know how it happened, but it did)

Women's Realm by Belle & Sebastian

• He likes Miley Cyrus! If I sing one of her songs, he stops crying immediately. He also likes songs in French, but I only know one song and parts of Christmas carols...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You are my sunshine. When I was a kid my parents used to sing this to me nearly every night, whenever I was sick or needed to be calmed down. My whole life this song has been very special to me because of that and I sung it to DS in the womb. When my mom came for her visit she sung it not realizing I had been doing that and was amazed because as soon as she started he stopped screaming and drifted off to sleep. It keeps getting passed down through the family and its a tradition I am happy to keep going.
  • imageK&K ~070809~:

imagemrsfirefly:
    You are my Sunshine.  2nd verse made me cry when I was loaded up on pp hormones.  Here Comes my Baby also made me cry.  Welcome to this World, too.  Guess I cry a lot here.

You are my sunshine makes me cry too!  LO also likes it when we sing All I Want to Do and Just Might Make Me Believe by Sugarland.

I used to always tell my mom You Are My Sunshine was sad and she didn't believe me.  I'm glad I'm not alone! 

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"