January 2011 Moms

induction

This may seem a little weird to some, but as this is my 3rd pregnancy, I already know that I will be induced around 39 weeks. Are there any others out there who know that this may be a possibility for them?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: induction

• I hope so! I really would really like to be endunced. My husband and I are planners and I know you can't really schedule when to have a baby. But if I get a choice, I will be putting it on the calendar.
  • You know you will be induced to give vaginal birth?

Why is that? I know I will be to have a c-section. But I have never heard of being induced just cause. Well I have but those people elect to have that done.

• Loading the player...
  • imagelovesmusic20:
    I hope so! I really would really like to be endunced. My husband and I are planners and I know you can't really schedule when to have a baby. But if I get a choice, I will be putting it on the calendar.

Being induced can cause so many problems. You should wait until the baby is ready. I understand wanting to know when and how everything is going to happen but when you get induced there is a higher chance something can go wrong and a extremely high chance you will have a c-section and they are no fun. But to each his own. :)

• imagebeautifulsin90:

You know you will be induced to give vaginal birth?

Why is that? I know I will be to have a c-section. But I have never heard of being induced just cause. Well I have but those people elect to have that done.

I was borderline pre-eclempsia (sp?) with DD#1 and was on complete bedrest for 2 weeks, but my blood pressure continued to rise so they decided it was time to get her out. It was a fairly quick labor and she was born 5 hrs after they broke my water. With DD#2, they did an u/s at 38 weeks and determined that she was actually measuring closer to 40 weeks, so it was decided to induce again before she got to big. She was born only 33 minutes after my water was broke. So to avoid the possibilty of delivering at home or in the car, we are going to once again plan on inducing.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was induced at 38 weeks with DD because when I showed up for my 38-week OB appt, tests showed I was becoming pre-eclamptic.  OBs had wanted to induce me at 39 weeks anyway because she was measuring big at my 36 week u/s.  I imagine there's a strong possibility I won't make it to 40 weeks this time either.  
  • If I have GD again I will most likely be induced at 39 weeks
  • imagelovesmusic20:
    I hope so! I really would really like to be endunced. My husband and I are planners and I know you can't really schedule when to have a baby. But if I get a choice, I will be putting it on the calendar.

I understand the desire to plan, but induction can cause a very painful labor and some risks to the baby. Its hard to tell if the lungs are fully developed in a baby that is not full term (40 weeks).  I would not take an early induction unless it was medically necessary for my baby's or my health.  Most women that are induced are because they go 2 weeks past their due date.  

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • MrsYamMrsYam member

My daughter was 9 days overdue. My OB's induce at 10 days overdue for the first baby.

This time they told me I would be induced at 7 days overdue. I'm crossing my fingers that this baby comes naturally. I really would prefer not to be induced, but what will be will be. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageizzourclue:

imagelovesmusic20:

I understand the desire to plan, but induction can cause a very painful labor and some risks to the baby. Its hard to tell if the lungs are fully developed in a baby that is not full term (40 weeks).  I would not take an early induction unless it was medically necessary for my baby's or my health.  Most women that are induced are because they go 2 weeks past their due date.  

Yes  lovesmusic, please do some research on this.  And I hope you have a good doctor who won't induce you just so you can 'put it on the calendar'.  Eek.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, probably there with you.  With DS I had GD and was supposed to be induced, but he came 2 weeks early on his own, weighing in at over 9 lbs.  DD was induced 10 days early because of previous big baby, even though I tested neg. for GD.  This one I'm diabetic again.  So I'll probably be induced again.  I'm hoping for that so I can pick the day and it's not on Christmas.
  • Sometimes its not about baby being ready sometimes it is what is best for mom and baby.I've had three babies and 2 of 3 were induced.                                                                                                                                                                             My first I had high blood preasure.Non-stress tests twice a week,and ultrasounds weekly to make sure she was okay.We induced on her due date.She was a perfectly healthy little girl.                                 

My 1st son was suppose to be born 2 weeks early because he was so big.In a freak twist of fate my Dr. became critically ill and I had to see another Dr. who didn't beleive in inductions.I ended up going into labor naturaly and with out the aid of a Dr or pain med(he didn't beleive in those either) gave birth to a 10lb 3 oz boy who got stuck and came out blue.

My last baby was induced a week early and he was perfectly healthy.

I'm sure not every story is like mine but I think it is wrong to say that inductions are such a bad thing and that you are setting your self up for c/s. What you and your Dr. decided is best is what should be done:going natural,induction,or c/s.

• imagefirsttimemama:
    imageizzourclue:

imagelovesmusic20:

Yes  lovesmusic, please do some research on this.  And I hope you have a good doctor who won't induce you just so you can 'put it on the calendar'.  Eek.

Yes All of this! Geeze that is so bizarre IMO!

I already told my OB that I do not want to be induced unless absolutely necessary. I'm afraid I won't be as strong a week after my due date and I'm all uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was induced with dd because of high bp and signs of pre-e at my 39 week appt.  Due date was 4 days away, so it made sense to take the baby.  I had a textbook induction with no problems, but I would never encourage someone to do it out of convenience. 

Since my bp is already elevated this time around and baby is measuring about a week ahead, I see it as a possibility that I will be induced early again.  I haven't yet had the conversation with my doctors, but I have a feeling it may be in my future if medically necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"