Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Brushing teeth

How do you brush LO's teeth? I'm kinda terrible at it. Embarrassed He bites on the toothbrush and clamps his jaw shut and it's really hard to actually brush them. And we're still nursing before bed and naps...I'm worried he's going to get cavities before he gets big teeth. :( What do you do?

Re: Brushing teeth

• I move it around as much as I can, but he doesn't let me do it for long without biting it.  I sing the ABC's as we do it.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i wipe his teeth off with a wash cloth during bath time and then i give him his toothbrush and try to get him to brush them. but we don't use toothpaste yet since he would just eat it.

we also nurse before bed and usually once in the middle of the night too. i'm also worried.

• Loading the player...
  • DD is still totally toothless, so we're still at the wet washcloth stage.  I just try to do it right before bed, and when we're home, after meals.  She loves it, which helps.  I"m not sure how that will be when there are teeth:)
  • We use the Baby Orajel finger toothbrush. It slips on your pointer finger and the toothpaste is flouride free and swallowable (i know that's not a word). Henry doesn't fight it since it tastes good and is just a rubbery thing. He actually likes it! (He's got 6 teeth if that makes a difference, but we use it on his whole mouth.)
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"