1st Trimester

Now I'm worried...

So yesterday I posted on here about pink spotting yesterday morning. I talked to the on-call midwife and she said that as long as it isn't red and I don't have severe cramping, that I should be fine.

So all long yesterday I was worried. But I never saw anymore spotting. I was crampy all day, but definitely not severe. I've had cramps exactly like that before, although not for most of the day. Normally I feel crampy at night.

I went to bed thinking everything was fine. Then this morning,..it all happened all again over. I got up to go the bathroom, had a BM, wiped and this time I saw red blood. So now I'm totally freaking out. I still chart my temps and my temps are still high. In fact, this morning, my temp was slightly higher than what I averaged all week.

The midwife said that they could get me in for a u/s, but I'm out of town for the next two weeks. I'm near my parents, so I'm going to call my mom's ob first thing tomorrow morning to see if they'll see me.

What's going on? I'm scared and freaking out... 

Re: Now I'm worried...

• ((HUGS)) Try and drink a lot of water and take it easy. I'm sorry you're going through this. 
  • Have you noticed if the spotting is usually before or after a BM? I spot sometimes after a BM. I didn't when I was pregnant before, so it scared me a lot when it happened, but your cervix is really sensitive right now and it's entirely possible that that's all it is. I hope that it stops soon and you're able to get some peace of mind. Like PP said, drink tons of water and try and relax as much as possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You sure it's not coming from the back ?  That's what happened to me before I discovered I was bleeding from a hemmorhoid.
  • Just relax if you can. I know it os tough. The same thing happened to me for the first 9 weeks or so. I had multiple ultrasounds and baby was always doing fine. Finally me doc found a small polyp on the inside of my cervics and said that it was very small and totally harmless, but even tiny ones can bleed A LOT! It is anoying, but I am sure you are just fine. BTW he told me that the pressure from a BM can cause it to bleed more and also push out the blood that is already in there. I rarely see cervical polyps posted about on here, but from what he said, they are very common in pregnancy.
  • imageredhotrachel35:
    Have you noticed if the spotting is usually before or after a BM? I spot sometimes after a BM. I didn't when I was pregnant before, so it scared me a lot when it happened, but your cervix is really sensitive right now and it's entirely possible that that's all it is. I hope that it stops soon and you're able to get some peace of mind. Like PP said, drink tons of water and try and relax as much as possible.

Both yesterday and this morning, it was after a BM. Both first thing in the morning. Both around 7 am (stupid DH's alarm clock woke up both mornings...). I've had other BM and no spotting. 

• imagechloe081:
    You sure it's not coming from the back ?  That's what happened to me before I discovered I was bleeding from a hemmorhoid.

I double checked...definitely vaginal... 

• imagesallypilot:
    Just relax if you can. I know it os tough. The same thing happened to me for the first 9 weeks or so. I had multiple ultrasounds and baby was always doing fine. Finally me doc found a small polyp on the inside of my cervics and said that it was very small and totally harmless, but even tiny ones can bleed A LOT! It is anoying, but I am sure you are just fine. BTW he told me that the pressure from a BM can cause it to bleed more and also push out the blood that is already in there. I rarely see cervical polyps posted about on here, but from what he said, they are very common in pregnancy.

I noticed on my chart that this is the time that I would be ovulating if I wasn't pregnant. I mentioned that to the midwife and she said that it's possible that it's a cyst on my ovary. But we won't know anything until the u/s. WHY did this have to happen on a weekend????? 

• Drink a lot of fluids, like 100 oz of water, and try to rest.  With my spotting I had no idea if I was cramping or my stomach was in knots with fear. Good luck
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • STOP temping and charting.  There is no reason to and you will get misleading signs.
  • I got some bleeding around week 6 and 7 freaked out the whole time and didn't listen to my husband (relaxing). Went to the OB and got u/s the first time they couldn't find a reason why I  was bleeding but they could tell that the baby was just fine and then the second time they found a SCH. It's easy to assume the worst but there are a lot of things that could cause the bleeding. I didn't see how far along you are but it could still even be implantation bleeding, or if you just recently had intercourse it could be that. Your cervix is very susceptible to bleeding after you have had sex. So...try not to worry sweetie. Your only stressing yourself out from what may be absolutely nothing at all. I would suggest you get yourself a big o glass of water and then put your feet up and just rest and relax. If you can just try to take it easy today. Keep us posted, stay positive and I will be praying for you.  
    Proud Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try to relax. Stay off your feet and drink lots of water. I would stop charting. There is no reason to. Even if something bad does happen, you would still have rising temps for a little while because the hormones stay in your body for a little while. Same if any of us were to take a pregnancy test right now. Wouldn't necessarily indicated anything. But there are MANY reasons women bleed during pregnancy, so try to stay positive!
  • Hey, I just wanted to say that I had the EXACT same thing happen to me at 5 weeks and everything was fine. It would just happen in the morning after a BM but I was sure that it wasnt a hemorrhoid. My midwife said it was probably some more implantation bleeding, as the placenta starts to grow and burrow it can hit a blood vessel. Also if you have a history of polups on your cervix they could bleed just from the increased blood flow to the area.

Try not to worry, just take it easy and relax!

• You all made me feel a lot better because I had a positive test on Thursday and now I've been anxious until I have a blood test tomorrow. I have had some very light pink blood when I wipe after I have to pee badly, but only once, but of course I don't know what it means and I'm too scared to take another test that it would be negative this time and I don't want to hear that... we'll see what happens...
  • imageskells:

Hey, I just wanted to say that I had the EXACT same thing happen to me at 5 weeks and everything was fine. It would just happen in the morning after a BM but I was sure that it wasnt a hemorrhoid. My midwife said it was probably some more implantation bleeding, as the placenta starts to grow and burrow it can hit a blood vessel. Also if you have a history of polups on your cervix they could bleed just from the increased blood flow to the area.

Try not to worry, just take it easy and relax!

The mid-wife mentioned that it could be implantation bleeding, but I thought that was already over? I had spotting at 7 dpo. I'm like 26 dpo now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"