Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

pumping question

When is the best time to pump?
When I see your face There's not a thing that I would change Cause you're amazing Just the way you are And when you smile, The whole world stops and stares for awhile Photobucket baby wearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, Stay at home mom since 7-16-2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Family Blog

Re: pumping question

• Options
    i get the best yield in the morning so i try to feed off one side and pump the other til around lunchtime.  i'm pumping right now cause i was out for a few hours w/o baby and i'm getting half out of both sides what i can usually get off one side in the morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
      My daughter is  just 10 days old. I pump every 3-4 hours. That way there is always at least 2 meals waiting for in the fridge.  I guess it depends on how often your are feeding your little one too.  All I know is you want to  pump on a regular basis so your body can adjust when you need to make more. Hope that helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most women have the greatest supply in the morning. Pumping 1 hr after LO feeds is what is usually recommended. My DD only feeds off of one side at a time so I've just been pumping the opposite breast at her first feed & last feed! It is working great!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

what if you pump and then LO decides he is hungry again, will i still have enough milk to satisfy him?

When I see your face There's not a thing that I would change Cause you're amazing Just the way you are And when you smile, The whole world stops and stares for awhile Photobucket baby wearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering, Stay at home mom since 7-16-2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Family Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"