Baby Names
Options

Opinions?

I'm getting really negative comments from family, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm naming my son Otto. Any positive thoughts?

Re: Opinions?

• Options
    I actually love the name Smile
  • Options
    elisbuelisbu member
    No one will care once he's here!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) I already call him Otto when I talk to him. It's the only name DH and I agree on and it's the only name I have felt sure about. It's been his name for about 3 weeks now and I just wish I would've surprised the family on his birth day!
  • Options

imagesteviware:
    Thanks ladies :) I already call him Otto when I talk to him. It's the only name DH and I agree on and it's the only name I have felt sure about. It's been his name for about 3 weeks now and I just wish I would've surprised the family on his birth day!

If the name fits, and if you love it-then go for it. I think it's an uncommon name, but a great one. Good choice Smile 

• Options
    It's unusual, but at least it is a real name! Yes
  • Options
    I like old man names like Walter and Harold, so Otto sounds good to me. Your LO will grow into it before long and no one will think twice about it. Good luck!
  • Options
    NMS but if you like it, it doesn't matter what your family says.
  • Options
    i love it! nice choice
  • Options

I like it. :D

Whatever I choose for my baby's name, it doesn't matter what my family thinks. Honestly. If they wanted to name a baby, then they can have one!!

• Options
    I like it a  lot more than Aiden, Sawyer, and all the other trendy names.
  • Options

This is why my LO's name is not being shared with the family until she is in the world - I would like to think they won't make rude comments to a baby's face!

I like the name Otto, actually.  I would never have thought of it, but it's great!

• Options
    I have an absolutely horrid personal association from this name, but other than that, nothing negative comes to mind. It's a decent, nice, unpopular name. Use it if you love it!
  • Options
    i like it! :-)
  • Options
    Unusual, but not bad at all. Go for it! This is one instance where I will say the cliche "it's your kid, name him what you want!" :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"