Baby Names

Poll - Because we can't agree on anything

[Poll]

The husband and I HAD a name picked out well before we find out we were pregnant. After we found out, we still planned on using said name. Then his step-brother named his new son that very name. Now my husband says the name is tainted and he wont use it.

It was the only name we've ever been able to agree on. These are some names from both of us that the other hasn't 100% vetoed yet.Obviously, we're trying to avoid anything too popular (we're both products of the 80's, so obviously we're named Jennifer & Michael).

Thoughts?

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Poll - Because we can't agree on anything

• katagskatags member
    Lincoln is an ok name, but I don't like the way it goes with Henricksen. Sounds too similar for my taste.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • imagemj.reilly:

I am not a fan of: Lincoln, Abraham (like a little), or Gaius (how do you pronounce this? I keep wanting to say gassy / gas ? could be a point for teasing in elementary school? Guy-us? Gay-us? Guy-oos?)

Gaius is pronounced Guy-Us :)

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekatags:
    Lincoln is an ok name, but I don't like the way it goes with Henricksen. Sounds too similar for my taste.

That's a big problem I've noticed: I'm drawn to a lot of names that end with the letter 'N' (I didn't list most of them, obviously) and it just doesn't sound as good as I would like it to with our last name.

• I love Tobias. Toby is a great nn. Aldo reminds me of dog food.
  • I just finished watching Funny People so thought it was hilarious that I came on and the first post I opened had the name Ira in it. :)

That said, I like Reid (this spelling) best. Lincoln is okay too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • I like the way Tobias Henrickson sounds. I think smart, quirky, lovable little boy with a cute smile. Tobias 100%
  • Sorry I misspelled your last name >.< oops!
  • You have some GREAT names on your list!  My favorites are Liev and Tobias.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Angel Baby: 5/29/08

• I prefer Reid.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Gaius makes me think of Gaia from the 80s cartoon Captain Planet.  None of the names are my style, but I think Tobias would be my favorite.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Liev is a great name!
  • I love Lincoln (nn Link) and while I don't think it sounds horrible with your last name, you could do better so I voted for Tobias.  I love the rarity of it and i think it sounds great.  (it's on my long list, too!)  Great choices!
  • imageJenyNxDx:

imagekatags:

That's a big problem I've noticed: I'm drawn to a lot of names that end with the letter 'N' (I didn't list most of them, obviously) and it just doesn't sound as good as I would like it to with our last name.

ugh same here!

After 15 months of TTC w/ PCOS & MFI, suprise BFP 4/28/12!
    EDD 1/5/13
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I voted Reed, but I prefer Reid.
  • imageCarabiner252:

I would pronounce Gaius like Guy-us. From Battlestar Galatica! (He was a bad guy, sorta, just FYI).

Now how do you pronounce Cillian?  With an S or a K sound?

Kill-ee-an, as in Cillian Murphy, most recently in Inception.

• I just love how Reed Hendrickson sounds - very strong.  
  • Thanks for the input guys -- although I don't know if it's helping us get any closer to a decision. Poor kid is going to come out nameless  lol
  • I really like the style of the names you have on your list. Reed is actually my least favorite from the list though. 

I am going to guess Liam is the name you had chosen....just a guess though.  

• Tobias and Reed are OK. I am just not a fan of non masculine boys names ao that list was pretty hard for me...
  • imagefeffy11:
    I like Reid/Reed or Cillian. Out of curiosity (and to help with name suggestions) what was the name you REALLY liked?

Kind of a trick question, because our favorite was actually on the poll: Lincoln. My husband especially loved the nickname Link (he just might be a video game nerd  lol.

Liam was a name we both really loved as well, but I've found it to be a little too popular for my taste.

I've just grown up hating being one of 12 Jennifer's in school and at work, so I want to avoid anything that looks like it'll be too common.

But then again, Lincoln seems to be gaining in popularity, especially here in Utah.

• i very much like the name reid (instead of the spelling reed, but this is your baby, so spell it how you want!).  i didn't care for all of the short names you had listed, but the long ones just seemed too long with your last name!  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"