Baby Names

Jaden - Boy or Girl?

So you guys think of a boy or a girl when you hear this name? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Jaden - Boy or Girl?

• Boy. I have a second cousin named Jaden Noah, and he's 9 or 10.

• Loading the player...
  • Since it's a modern, invented name, I think both genders have used it, but to me it says BOY, and I've yet to actually meet a girl named, Jaden. Jada is a girl alternative that might work if you're looking.

Bonus points for spelling it right.

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • imagebraveangel2:

Since it's a modern, invented name, I think both genders have used it, but to me it says BOY, and I've yet to actually meet a girl named, Jaden. Jada is a girl alternative that might work if you're looking.

Bonus points for spelling it right.

An invented name and she get bonus points for spelling it right?  Explain that one to me.

• Thank you everyone who responded. I am having a boy and love this name but wanted to make sure people thought "boy" when they heard it. To the person who said it is an invented name: There is a man in the bible named Jadon. (I read it while looking up the history of the name). Anyways, isnt every name "invented" at one time or another???

• By the way, I was NOT refering to thebraveangel who said I guess bonus points.....I liked your post!!!!  I am refering to the person who commented on your post!
  • Jadon is biblical, Jaden is modern - a variation of Aidan/Braden/Caden etc. If you were going for Jadon, then you used the wrong spelling. It's one of those names that has two different origins beause they're two different names.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
  • I have a young cousin named Jaden ? a girl, she's 11.

It may have been somewhat unisex a decade ago, but it is turning solidly boy now. In 2009, there were 554 female Jadens and  4,111 male Jadens born in the US (that only counts this particular spelling, not all the Jayden/Jaiden/Jadyn variants). I think that Jalyn is turning out to be the feminine equivalent.

I agree w/ pp ? Jaden is a modern invention, not a revival of the obscure Biblical Jadon. All the Jaden/Caden/Brayden names are spin-offs of Aiden's popularity, just like Addison is a spin-off of Madison and Adelyn is a spin-off of Madelyn/Madeline.

• Jaden=boy

Jayden=girl 

• boy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • I think of a boy whose parents are poorly educated, in possession of a misinformed belief that a name can make their child "unique," and with terrible taste in monikers: )

But, like PPs said: I thank you for spelling it in the best possible way.

• imageCrystal318:
    ....I liked your post!!!! 

Aw, thanks!

• imageCrystal318:

Thank you everyone who responded. I am having a boy and love this name but wanted to make sure people thought "boy" when they heard it. To the person who said it is an invented name: There is a man in the bible named Jadon. (I read it while looking up the history of the name). Anyways, isnt every name "invented" at one time or another???

I guess I should have read the comments before responding. My previous opinion still stands for Jaden . . . but if you are going for Jadon, a name of some historical note, then, while not my personal taste, I think it makes the name far more tolerable. I can hardly say that any biblical name should be revered--Malkijah and Hasshub come to mind: ( But, in this case, that Jadon is biblical changes my opinion completely.

I assume you are hoping to pronounce this JAY-den, as opposed to the historic pronunciation JAH-den/JAH-don? Either way, I recommend you not alter the spelling from Jadon; the pronunciation difference between Jaden and Jadon (jay-don) is very subtle and only going to be perceptible to people who are very interested in linguistics or baby names; in other words, people you don't meet very often in real life. But the change in perception of you and your child is likely to be significant. I'm not alone in thinking poorly of those who are following the Aiden/Jaden/Braiden/Cayden trend. I immediately assume the parents choosing these names are uneducated; sad, but honest.

• Boy, but I don't like it. it's too girly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Boy...I really dislike this name though. Like pp, it's too girly.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I think the name is super cute.  I know both girls & boys with this name.  I think it is mainly a boys name though.  If you love it, go for it!
    imageimageimageimageimage
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ames71ames71 member
    I didn't realize that Jaden was used for a girl. I definitely would think only boy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Either - it's like Taylor, Morgan, etc.  I've heard both boys and girls named this IRL.
  • Boy, but this is a name I can't stand. Sorry.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• imagestrangebird:

I think of a boy whose parents are poorly educated, in possession of a misinformed belief that a name can make their child "unique," and with terrible taste in monikers: )

But, like PPs said: I thank you for spelling it in the best possible way.

Yes Agreed. This is the most common name around right now. Everyone I know is using it.

I HATE this name. *sigh* I guess 1/4 of my son's friends will be Jadens, Jaydens, or Jaeidanns <--lol. I'm already annoyed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"