Baby Names

Need a middle Name

We love the name Kahlen (pronounced Kay-len) for DD.  Thing is that we are stuck for a middle name.  Last name starts with H and is a first name, yes my husband pretty much has 3 first names.

Re: Need a middle Name

• Are you stuck on the spelling for the first name? I like the first name, but can't imagine people pronouncing it as Kay-len. When I first saw it I pronounced it Kah-len (almost like Colin). With that aside here are some middle name ideas-

Grace

Elizabeth

Anne

Renee

Elise

Jane

Mae

Adelle 

• I like MCMoo23's suggestion for Elise. Marie also sounds good but it's my middle name so I'm biased lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp that at first glance I thought the name would be pronounced like Colin too because of the h.

I would stick with something simple as the mn like June, Marie, Louise, Jane, Emily, Sarah, Rachel, Grace.

• imageMCMoo23:

but can't imagine people pronouncing it as Kay-len. When I first saw it I pronounced it Kah-len (almost like Colin).

I agree ? the h would make me say Kah-len, kind of like Colin. 

Do you have any good family names to use as a middle name? With a modern name like Kahlen, I like a more classic middle name ? plunder your family tree for ideas.

• It also makes me think Collin when I see Kahlen. 

A classic middle name would be good - maybe something in the family.  I was thinking a longer middle name since the first name is 2 syllables. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ames71ames71 member

I pronounced it how you intended, but that may have been because I remember a Kahlen on ANTM. For a middle name:

Kahlen Adele

Kahlen Elizabeth

Kahlen Rose

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This makes me think of Kahlen Rondot, from America's Next Top Model, also! I liked her, so the name has positive connotations. I like this, and I would pronounce it like "Kay-lin."

As long as your last name is longer than one syllable, I think a  one-syllable mn - one that's a bit "spunkier" to fit the spelling of the name - would probably sound best, or a two-syllable mn with the emphasis on the second syllable (like Kahlen Whitney).

Kahlen Hope

Kahlen  Lou

Kahlen Paige

Kahlen Bree

Kahlen Honor

Kahlen Ever

Kahlen Brinley

Kahlen Finley

Kahlen Victoria

Kahlen Veronica

Kahlen Brooke

Kahlen Eva